Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen? Watch

ReputationRep:
    More than one thing, but generally speaking the way some authors use words is so utterly breathtaking
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "The jagged mountains were pure blue in the dawn and everywhere birds twittered and the sun when it rose caught the moon in the west so that they lay opposed to each other across the earth, the sun whitehot and the moon a pale replica, as if they were the ends of a common bore beyond whose terminals burned worlds past all reckoning."
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "I have heard the languages of apocalypse, and now I shall embrace the silence."
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."
    Spoiler:
    Show
    “Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta. She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line. But in my arms she was always Lolita. Did she have a precursor? She did, indeed she did. In point of fact, there might have been no Lolita at all had I not loved, one summer, an initial girl-child. In a princedom by the sea. Oh when? About as many years before Lolita was born as my age was that summer. You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, exhibit number one is what the seraphs, the misinformed, simple, noble-winged seraphs, envied. Look at this tangle of thorns.”

ReputationRep:
    Name:  moo.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  136.0 KB
    :happy2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Sunsets in my home town are very beautiful not that I have traveled very far in my life but Ayr/Ayrshire has a lot of beauty to it :love:
    Attachment 568844
    Its a beautiful part of the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    I've been to Capel Curig too! It was lovely :3 Need to go again tbh.

Yes I've done wild camping! Last time I went to Snowdonia it was next to a river and a mountain in the distance
    If you're in to the mountains you need to do Snowdon! Pyg Pass is good if you haven't got much experience of climbing mountains (just avoid the Crib Goch side path). When you come back down, there's a great spot for wild camping near the base of Tryfan on the East side.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think there can be anything as beautiful as pictures of galaxies and stars in all their amazing glory. Or a starfilled night sky if pictures dont count.

However that's too obvious so I think that to most men the three most beautiful things they see in their lives are,

Their first football pitch at a top class game especially a floodlit game

The first female breast that isn't their mothers

Their first newborn child

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.