Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    my mum is more sly than that lol she would say she was using her phone to do a text message and came across the messages by accident. I know my name wouldn't come into it. If I did confront my sister she would go mental and not speak to me for a long long time. She likes to bear grudges.
    Ok well I think you've come to a decision then - you've got to tell your mum. Good luck!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    good idea, what do you dial to hide your number? I don't want some paedophile having my home number to boot.

ReputationRep:
    good idea, what do you dial to hide your number? I don't want some paedophile having my home number to boot.

(hey did u see my post?)

ReputationRep:
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by me!)

so 141 and then the number....

yeah I did. I would talk to her but she is the kind of person that would compleatly shut down and pretend to listen without actually hearing anything. She would more likely go into a strop and it wouldn't matter if I were talking to her because I loved her, she wouldn't see it that way. Maybe she would come round eventually but I don't really want to lose my sisters trust. I've never done anything for her to distrust me. I think it makes me so worried because when I was little I had a near run in with a paedo. Thank god nothing happened but I am still very protective over her

ReputationRep:
    right I have come across a problem which I don't really know how to solve. I think that you fantastic late nighters may be able to help! My sister is 14 and chats online a lot. (not in chat rooms, on msn) Myself and my mum are ok about this, the computer is in a public place and she doesn't go online for long. I began to get suspicious when I saw her giving out her mobile number. Due to my suspicions I checked her phone. Basically she is having phone sex with a guy she doesn't know, she is 14 and something makes me believe (from the messages I read) that he is much older. I don't know what to do about this or how to bring it up. Any ideas? And was it wrong to snoop?
    You had a right to snoop as you felt worried therefore you should talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    You had a right to snoop as you felt worried therefore you should talk to her.
    If it was me I'd prefer my brother to say something rather than my mum. Imagine your mum seeing text messages like that. Not nice for the mum either.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.