Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    I think i'm going to apply to Bath, Cardiff, UEA, KCL, LSOP and Nottingham.
    Cool, Cardiff is amazing it wasn't really one of my first choices but when I went for my interview I completely fell in love with the place. Nottingham on the other hand I had my heart set on but after my interview there I definitely knew it wasn't the place for me even though I'd thought so after the general uni open day. Different places suit different people though

ReputationRep:
    Someone mentioned that Sunderland is a decent place to get a Pharmacy degree? Is that true? If it is, I'll be astounded. I live in Sunderland atm and the only course that I thought was reputable at Sunderland Uni was the BSc Hubcap Stealing. :P

ReputationRep:
    There are so few unis that offer pharmacy that where ever u do it, it will lead to the same job so it is good wherever u study the course.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I’ve just finished my AS’s and am very interested in studying pharmacy. I don’t think my As’s went well at all and this is what I think I got:

Chemistry – D
    Biology – C
    Maths – C
    Economics - B
    Also my gcse’s weren’t great either!!! (2A’s, 2C’s, 6B’s) (2 C’s in English!)

Can I ask what kind of grades u people got in ur GCSE’s, and AS’s and ur predicted grades. Also what were the offers you got and what’s the lowest grade u need to get in. Also in ur Ucas form, I’m thinking not to put my AS grades, and only my predicted grades, is this a good idea,?

Do u think honestly I’ve got a chance to get into any uni to study pharmacy? Any comments will be helpful and much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    what does pharmecy involve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da-Dapper)
    Hi, I’ve just finished my AS’s and am very interested in studying pharmacy. I don’t think my As’s went well at all and this is what I think I got:

Chemistry – D
    Biology – C
    Maths – C
    Economics - B

Can I ask what kind of grades u people got in ur GCSE’s, and AS’s and ur predicted grades. Also what were the offers you got and what’s the lowest grade u need to get in. Also in ur Ucas form, I’m thinking not to put my AS grades, and only my predicted grades, is this a good idea,?

Do u think honestly I’ve got a chance to get into any uni to study pharmacy? Any comments will be helpful and much appreciated.

GCSE's: 5A*s, 5A's

AS:

Maths - A
    Biology - A
    Geography - A
    History - A
    ICT - A

But i dont want to study pharmacy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economics)
    But i dont want to study pharmacy!
    So why post your results then? Or are you just showing off? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    So why post your results then? Or are you just showing off? :rolleyes:
    just felt like posting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economics)
    just felt like posting!
    Same here . You aint doing well today with your threads are ya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Same here . You aint doing well today with your threads are ya
    no really!........but who cares!

ReputationRep:

Chemistry – D
    Biology – C
    Maths – C
    Economics - B

Yeh uve definate gota chance of gettin into pharm. My AS grades were similar but yet i was predicted like 2 grades higher for each subject. I started showin the teachers that im detemined and motivated to get the grades no matter wat. All worked out in the end cause i recieved all 6 uni offers for pharm so uve got a chance.

gud luk

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the post Sharma.

Can I ask which uni's they were and what were the offers.

Also can u state ur AS results and did u only put your predicted grades in your application or both ur As's and predicted grades. Also do they look at ur gcse grades and what work experience have u done!

Cheers for the posts and help!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the post Sharma.

Can I ask which uni's they were and what were the offers.

Also can u state ur AS results and did u only put your predicted grades in your application or both ur As's and predicted grades. Also do they look at ur gcse grades and what work experience have u done!

Cheers for the posts and help!!

They were Kings, skool of pharm, nottingham, brighton, aston and portsmouth

ma AS grades were Maths:C Bio:C Chem: B and Phys:C

Yes i onli put my predicted grades in my application as i retook all of the mods in jan and ended up gettin A's and B's in everything.

They mostly will look at ure As predictions. GCSE's do not reali matter that much at all aslong as they are all passes as in ure case they are.
    My work experience was workin in a hospital helpin out pateints etc.. for like a year, also worked in local pharm for about a week, my 2 weeks work experience was working with the NHS where i got to deal wid organ donors
    Also done some community service durin yr 12.

There is agreat shortage of pharmacists in the country so alot more places are available.
    Alot of my friends dint hav much experience at all but still got offers.
    Kings asked for the highest which was ABB and aston lowest which was BBC
    The other four were all askin fr BBB
    A lucky friend of mine got an offer from Kings though and they onli required a BBC so u never reali kno.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    cheers sharma u've been great help on all ur posts!

One other thing can i ask what ur predicted grades were?

once again thanks for ur help

ReputationRep:

Chemistry – D
    Biology – C
    Maths – C
    Economics - B

Heya

I got 2A*s, 7As, 3Bs and half a C (*LoL*) in my GCSEs

In my AS Levels I got;
    Biology: B
    Chemistry: B
    Maths: B
    General Studies: C (although this doesn't count for pharmacy)

(and ended up with the same in my A Levels)

However I didn't put my AS Levels on my UCAs application. I'm not sure what my predicted grades were either.

If you do end up with a D in chemistry and this what your chemistry teacher is going to predict you then I think you'll be very hard pushed to get pharmacy offers from anywhere. However you may have done better than you imagine, I remember in all my chemistry AS's I thought I'd terribly and I ended up with AAB. I would talk to your teacher though and ask them if they can predict you a B in chemistry as I think all pharmacy courses specify at least a B in chemistry. Also try and get A/B predictions in two other subjects.

These were the offers I got;

Aston: BBB (without interview)
    Cardiff: ABB (after interview)
    De Montford: BCC (without interview)
    Manchester: BBB (after interview)
    Nottingham: ABB (after interview)

And I also applied to Liverpool John Moores but I withdrew from there cause they wanted me to go to an interview and I didn't really wanna go there but I think their offers are usually around BBC?

I hope I didn't sound too harsh about getting your predicted grades up but I really do think you'll need to be predicted B minimum. Good luck with your results

ReputationRep:
    my predicted grades overall were BBC but i kept tellin the teachers that id work harder etc... and got predicted BBB

Friend of mine got predicted BCC and still managed 3 offers outa the 6 for pharmacy so doesnt sound too too bad :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My school does a policy where they usually predict u 2 grades higher for chem phys and maths cause they think its the 2nd year where u reali excel in ure studies, and a grade higher for all the others

U say u predict D for chem but just hope u get about a C and then u shud easily be predicted a B for chem and ure pretty much sorted

ReputationRep:
    thanks 4 the replies!
    Have u got any tips that makes a gud personal statement for pharmacy? Anything that can make me stand-out? Or any tips what so ever for my personal statement.

Once again thank-you for ur replies and help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharma)
    i applied at Kings, skool of pharm, nottingham, brighton, aston and portsmouth

Got offers frm all 6 need ABB-BBB

My firm choice is kings, wid skool of pharm being insurance
    wow same here!!!.. wat were ur predicted grades and how did u find the exams??!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanaz)
    wow same here!!!.. wat were ur predicted grades and how did u find the exams??!!!
    BBB, exams wernt too baddd P3 in maths cuda ben alot betta though
    hopefully i get in, they say they dnt reali mind if u drop a grade which is good

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.