Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielwinstanley)
    The highest the boundaries have ever gone is 61/80 for an A* for the exam which is really low considering what the papers are like: they start 3-4 tick box questions of reading a table, some basics like features and functions of devices and then it begins to get harder...well not that harder if you've learnt it. I think the grade boundaries are quite low because the 3-4 markers are really specific and they only allow one answer which has to be linked. Apart from that, it's quite easy because you'll have learnt everything on the test (or you could guess for quite a few questions) Although, we did do an assessment in class on the second to last week of term, and it was really hard - it was only hard because we hadn't done a lot of the stuff on the test so I'm dreading P5 on the first day. The grade boundaries for our test were like 42/50 or something like that.

And, to get full UMS, you only need about 4-5 over the boundary.
    IT can be really unpredictable. Some tests have really low grade boundaires though. Hopefully the exam boards will have low grade boundaries for us next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChallengeLover)
    Did anyone here do the PiXL mock maths exams in late June/July time for 9-1? I did them but no one at my school seems to know where the grade boundaries would lie. Out of 240 for the higher tier, what would the grade boundaries look like?
    Is it the papers that said on the front 'Practice Tests' also on paper 1, a circle theorem questions was at the end? If so, my teacher said a B was 120 marks. That's all I know lol.

ReputationRep:
    I did Eduqas English which I found awful but we didn't get our results back because English is subjective and so the marks could change drastically; I also did Edexcel maths (I got 77,78 and 80 - not in that order) which were down to stupid mistakes - such as I lost a mark on the standard form question (ordering one) because I wrote 0.68^2 rather than 0.68x10^2 which is still annoying me. I got 3/4 on the paper 3 vector question because I proved it but not clearly stated the relationship: little things like that. And I don't think it's that they aren't listening, it's that a) they haven't experienced problem solving questions and b) all of the content wasn't covered and it it was, it was likely to be a rushed lesson. And we were told not to revise for these mocks: I did anyhow.

Well done on your results by the way, they're very very good especially with 10 months to go until GCSE.

I'm just praying the English grade boundaries are very low, because I think I did okay, not the best I could've done though. Although it was quite nice to actually do a full English language practice because we haven't looked at reading comprehension much.

Wow, you both are extremely clever ! How do you revise for maths, any websites or online resources you use? Instead of past papers which is what I hear commonly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daydreamer3)
    Wow, you both are extremely clever ! How do you revise for maths, any websites or online resources you use? Instead of past papers which is what I hear commonly.
    MathsWatch was the main one and Corbett maths too. I watched all of the grade 6-9 clips and did some Corbett maths practice - a lot of work it took.

ReputationRep:
    MathsWatch was the main one and Corbett maths too. I watched all of the grade 6-9 clips and did some Corbett maths practice - a lot of work it took.
    Wow thank you very much, hopefully it will be beneficial for me as it was as much for you! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.