Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Elected NUS Deligate Calls Jewish man 'Subhuman Rat' Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE EPIC Panda)
    The point is they weren't allowed to do it. It was against the rules of the of the referendum. They weren't punished for it either. But nothing I could do about it as it wasn't my university.
    So, they weren't allowed to protest or hand out fliers to leave at all? Sounds pretty draconian to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Oh I don't. I might actually email the NUS about this and see where I get. Our university did have a referendum, but held it at such a silly time of year (during the holidays IIRC) that few people voted (as a percentage) and so we remain affiliated.
    I know. The campaigns this year were held at silly times. From what I've heard many other campaigns are pushing for referendums in semester one. Hopefully there will be much better turnouts.

ReputationRep:
    Nazi Union of Students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    So, they weren't allowed to protest or hand out fliers to leave at all? Sounds pretty draconian to me.
    No. They were using the NUS extra data to text card holders to vote in favour of staying in. This was against the rules as it wasn't fair to the other side. And normally, harassing voters to vote a certain way isn't allowed.

ReputationRep:
    Surprise, surprise.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Last week an anti-Muslim troll was sentenced to a 12-month community order, with 180 hours’ unpaid work for his comments on Facebook, Let's see what happens to this guy. :rolleyes:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....arebar_twitter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Then we should censor idiots.... .
    Sounds like a plan

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.