Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What precentage of your salary do/would you give your parents? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, why would I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutisticMew)
    I told my mother that when I get a job I would give her 30% of my wages.

How much would/do you give your parent(s)?
    Why would you give them money? Unless it's for rent or/and they're financially unstable.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Why would you give them money? Unless it's for rent or/and they're financially unstable.
    You answered your own q bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac

ReputationRep:
    My mum is pretty poor so I had to pay the entire rent because she wasn't eligible for housing benefit anymore with my salary.

ReputationRep:
    Zero.

Hmm, maybe 10% but they definitely deserve more than that.

ReputationRep:
    0% x

ReputationRep:
    Ill give my mom nothing if she can manage her finance well but if she cant then ill support her living altho i wouldnt let her live a super luxurious life. And as for my dad ill buy him a house and for my half bros,

And I would like to support my grandmother if she lives longer

ReputationRep:
    However much they want

ReputationRep:
    I would give them as much as they want, however as a teacher I won't have that much to give but it's worth it because I get to help people be their best. Hopefully that will make my parents happy enough and not the money I earn.

ReputationRep:
    None.

My parents would never accept money from me.

As admirable as it is to contribute, my parents believe that their duty is to provide for the children. And in turn, my duty is to provide for my kids, and I would never ask them for money, regardless of how old they are, or how much they are earning.

The only time my parents have asked for money is when they struggled for one month due to extra expenses. I happily gave it and I don't expect them (or want them) to pay it back to me.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    0%
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'd buy them elaborate presents though.

ReputationRep:
    I give money towards rent, the bills and pay for my own food and stuff. sometimes i will do the grocery shopping for my family and when they say 'how much do i owe you' i say nah its ok. after all my mum cooks most of my food so its the least i can do

ReputationRep:
    If I could I would. When you have to rent your own place, pay your own bills, need to save up for a car/house/etc, it's difficult to find the money to give away.

If I lived at home and worked, then I would definitely give my parents money. (Although I doubt my parent would accept it).

Of course if they needed the money, I would help them and not expect them to pay it back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    You answered your own q bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn

(Good luck for results day before I forget!!)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.