The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I find summer generally a boring time, especially when during the daytime on weekdays there is sod all to do.

Thankfully I've been getting more overtime at work, albeit mostly in the evenings, but that still goes a long way in helping me do something, plus i'm financially rewarded as a result.

During the daytimes (When I'm awake and not sleeping till the early afternoon), I find a good way of curing boredom is to play computer games which require a lot of time (I've been playing Football Manager and Final Fantasy games recently), or just simply going on long walks rather than relying on public transport, wasting both time and giving myself exercise at the same time.
I love spending a day or two at home during the week on my own. I need my space to chill, I usually put on a good movie and snuggle up on the sofa, or mess around on photoshop.
Meh, me and my mum had an argument today as I'm supposed to be going out to the cinema tomorrow but she thinks I've been going out too much with friends. I've met my friends 3 times since the 22nd June, one time which was a party at my own house. Thing is, I realised that she was feeling lonely as she doesn't have a job and had planned that we would spend time together, eg. cooking or going on long walks together, because frankly, she loves me to bits. :smile: I'm lucky to have a mum like that so I apologised, and after tomorrow's cine trip, I'm seriously going to spend more time with her, and help around the house a bit more.
I wish people would value their families a bit more sometimes, I'm saying this because all my other relatives live a few thousand miles away in India so I hardly ever get to see them, and seeing people complain about having to spend a few days with their Nanna at Christmas for example never fails to puzzle me. So people, be thankful that you can see your relatives!
I've been at home for 10 months, get out every day but I hate my house and some of the people there so that's why I stay out,
Of course they must appreciate that summer is a boring time?
I think you are over reacting. Has it just been one day. You're just pissed off at the moment. Be happy its just oneday. Please dont joke about killing yourself and be happy you have friends you can go out with.
Reply 26
Er, the internet? TV? Mucking about with random stuff, tidying up... I stay at home a hell of a lot of days, just chilling out... yeah I get bored but I find stuff to do.

Going out costs money... I don't have an unlimited supply.
Reply 27
Get a job, maybe?
loadmalz
Get a job, maybe?

Easier said than done mate. Can't just click your fingers and hey presto, you have a job... :redface:
Reply 29
OMG KILL YOURSELF! ONE DAY AT HOME! :rolleyes:

Useless u are! you'd be better off dead with that attitude mister!
Reply 30
Just stay in your own room, if your parents annoy you that much.
The weather aint as bad today, so go out.

I don't have a great relationship with my dad, when were in the house together, I just stay upstairs playing on my guitar for hours on end, and time passes.
Cant wait to go uni on the 1st Sept, though. Haha.
why is it people are so quick to say they are 'depressed' these days????
Reply 32
When I'm at home alone all day, which is often since I can't seem to find a job, I catch up on things I need to do, watch films, read books, go on here, play games...

And if my brother is around I'll play on the playstation with him, play a boardgame or something or even just talk to him.

I don't really ever go out with my friends anyway. Most of the time due to the fact that I have no job and thus no money... it's a vicious circle.
Reply 33
Trigger
as problems go this is pretty lame, but you should really get a job or a hobby or something

You're right. Hopefully.

fathermaxi20
OMG KILL YOURSELF! ONE DAY AT HOME! :rolleyes:

Useless u are! you'd be better off dead with that attitude mister!

You're just a ****ing troll. And it's boooooooring!

Anyway, to the OP:

You implied that you have borderline depression.... what's that? It's either Borderline Personality Disorder or it's Depression. I'm sorry but if you want people's help or friendly advice, this isn't the way to do - i.e. by whingeing about having to stay in for one day, and complaining of some mental illness or another. You have to be more specific. You seem more like a drama queen than someone who's desperate.

To be honest, if you're a drama queen then, really, you've not had anywhere near enough abuse as you're gonna get. People will suss that out in real life and really trample all over your 'problems'.

If you do have a problem, feel free to tell us about it and we'll try to help you.
God, I've met up with my like, last friend from school (just finished in May, off to uni in September) about twice in the last month simply because she works a lot. I fill my time by reading chic-lit, watching telly, babysitting my little brother, and surfing the net.

I am looking for a job and have applied to Morrisons and Boots as I only have a saturday job at a library and they're not giving me many extra hours this year :frown:

I feel upset sometimes that Im not out and about a lot but then I go for a cycle and cheer myself up afterwards when I see my thighs and butt have toned up lol.

Look forward to things, and be imaginative in how you use up time
I've been at home most days this summer, except for the odd day trip or weekend away and i'm bored s***less! I cleaned my room till it was spotless today out of boredom :rolleyes:
Reply 36
BeesKnees
I've been at home most days this summer, except for the odd day trip or weekend away and i'm bored s***less! I cleaned my room till it was spotless today out of boredom :rolleyes:

See! Boredom can be overcome. All you need to do is stop being a tramp :p:
thesard
To be honest, if you're a drama queen then, really, you've not had anywhere near enough abuse as you're gonna get. People will suss that out in real life and really trample all over your 'problems'.

And they'll be bloody right to do so.

OP: if this is a genuine problem to you, then do something about it. Don't just ****ing whinge. I bet you're out now having more fun than I am but I'm not complaining about wanting to kill myself, that's completely disrespectful to people who actually have problems. If you suffer from depression then I can fully understand your position, but if you do suffer from depression then I don't see why you're moaning about not going out today, instead you should be moaning about suffering from depression. Conversely, if you don't like your family, or just hate staying in, then I don't see why you're complaining about mental illnesses and suicide. :rolleyes: But anyway, I'm sorry, sympathetic as I am to people who genuinely suffer, I don't believe you are doing.
Reply 38
Anonymous
Im posting as anon because im afraid someone I know might see this since they use this forum.

Anyway ive been all day today and im totally hating it, I borderline want to kill myself. Normally I go out at like 2/3pm and cum back at 7/8pm and everything seems to be good at home. But recently my dad told me to stay home more often and its also a really depressing weather outside so I decided to stay inside but im so hating it, you can call it borderline depression because I just feel like breaking the window and running out. I never realised how boring my family is? or is it just the weather (its raining and its dull)? Why cant I get on with my family? and will this change with age? (im 19 at the moment). I told all my friends yesterday that I wouldnt be going out anywhere today, but I cant stay at home for some reason?

Is anyone else in the same boat? and so what advice would you give? also how do you fill your time at home?

Thanks.

No it is NOT depression, it is boredom. Everyone gets bored. The way to beat boredom is to actually do something. Play computer games, go to the library, do whatever but don't sit on your arse and tell us all you're "depressed" because its bad weather and you're inside. This has nothing to do with health or relationships, it should be in chat. Go there.
Reply 39
go for a walk for christs sake, watch tv shows, itnernet, tidy your room etc, work things out you need to do and do them.
spend this time hanging abotu organising going out with friends in the evenings,

Latest