Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I only do the usual klutzy things... like walking into doors, walking into walls (I don't know how I manage to do it all the time!), tripping over absolutely anything, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxx Anneka xxx)
    I only do the usual klutzy things... like walking into doors, walking into walls (I don't know how I manage to do it all the time!), tripping over absolutely [I]anything[/I], etc.
    like my own feet lol

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty much a disaster area for these things, although I have two incidents that now at least make decent conversation starters. I could tell stories for many hours but we'll stick to these two!

The first one was when I was a kid and was on holiday. We'd had a picnic and there was a big (well, it was big to 8 year old me) concrete bin. I couldn't get it open because it was trying to get my little fingers under the heavy lid. Wondering why it wouldn't open, I was looking at it and took a step forward... onto the pedal.... which promptly opened the bin lib right into my head. Cue lots of blood!

The second was a few years back when I was doing a rope swing on an RAF obstacle course. I just completely misjudged it so that instead of landing on the opposite wall, I flew chin first - cartoon style - into the wall, before landing in the pit below and ripping ligaments in my ankle. That was a fun day...

Anyway, let's just say I haven't gotten any better. Luckily, they tell me that football goalies have to be a little bit crazy, so I use that to justify many of my injuries in-season.

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: that is classic thank for that post trying not to pop my current stitches laughing

ReputationRep:
    I'm a clumsy guy. Academically able, but practically useless.
    I waited half an hour in Chemistry last year to time a colour change before noticing I hadn't added the indicator (phenophthalein).

Far back as Year 9, I was cooking noodles in Food tech. I put the noodles in water, on the cooker. After 10 minutes I realised I hadn't turned the cooker on....

I was once looking for a pen, all over the house, before my mum told me it was in my pocket.

ReputationRep:
    oh dear sounds like my nan looking for her glasses and they're on her head or putting the remote in the frigde lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Adarshster)
    I'm a clumsy guy. Academically able, but practically useless.
    I waited half an hour in Chemistry last year to time a colour change before noticing I hadn't added the indicator (phenophthalein).
    Aaaah Chemistry investigations... what a total nightmare!!! In our massive AS investigation, while refluxing something or another, I managed to break a hole in the bottom of my test tube... then it took me 10 minutes to realise why on earth the reflux mixture wasn't actually collecting in the tube! How on earth I hadn't noticed the funny smell as the ethanol I think it was, leaked ALL over the bench, is beyond me! Funny thing is though, my teacher who has the eyes and ears of a hawk, didn't notice and as he went out of the room I managed to remove of the said test tube, and replace it, resulting in a 10/10 mark for me under health and safety

I've also been known to drop a clamp stand on my foot but thats another (painful) story..!!

Oh and a whole crate of heavy boxes fell on my foot the other day in work.

Then there was the time when a lightbulb just coincidentally fell OUT of the light and onto my head... how convienient! In all fairness though that wasn't my clumsyness.. that was just plain bad luck! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well a few months ago I was drunk, coming back from the pub, I thought I would take a short cut through someones back garden and heard some dogs barking. So I ran, jumped over the nearest fence, landed in a ditch and broke my arm and dislocated my elbow

I'm not really that clumsy, more injury prone. I twisted my ankle yesterday while walking the dog. Today I got up from the PC where I had been sitting on my leg, it turned out my leg was dead and I just collapsed to the floor :blush:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.