The Student Room Group

How much do you pay per type of clothing?

Scroll to see replies

Depends. I do have a rule though that I only buy things in the sale or if I've got a discount code. I try not to buy anything full price, unless I REALLY want it and don't want to risk it selling out.
Shoes/trainers - £50 absolute max and I'd make them last for ages (eg, I've had my converses for 7 years). *For heels it's £20 as I never wear them anyway.*

Jeans - £40 (standard topshop)

Tops/tshirts - I'd say anything up to £15 for a flimsy top and £25 for a nice shirt

Dresses - £35 unless it's for a special occasion like a wedding or ball.

Undies - £2 on knickers £15 on bras

Coats - (I usually get my coats for Christmas presents) but generally £60-£90.

Those are all maximum I'd be willing to pay really, I generally would spend much less. I get the majority of my clothes in primark, sales, eBay and charity shops.
Original post by Napp
It happened to a truly resplendent Hugo Boss one about a year ago, the next day I got a campfor box and problem solved :biggrin:
Ah, nice :smile:
Reply 23
tops maximum £50
jeans maximum £80 (for a special pair)
Coat maximum £100
shoes maxium £50 unless they are fancy shoes then maximum £75
I absolutely refuse to spend much more than £50 on any item of clothing, be it shoes or a jacket or whatever. Obviously, nice jackets and shoes will cost more than a pair of jeans or a top, I very rarely spend more then about 30-40 on these types of things unless I feel it's absolutely perfect for me.

It's not that I can't afford nice clothes at all, I'm in my mid 20s now and have been making my own money for a bit now. However, I just can't warrant it when I can look great in a £20 pair of jeans, and £30 top and my Adidas original trainers. I've got a fairly expensive watch which I thing does the job of making me look like I can afford nice things, I don't need designer labels or any of that shyte.
Original post by Wiggly
Not gonna lie, I get a lot of stuff at reduced price. Usually I would go with the following...

Trainers/shoes: £25 maximum. There's always stuff like Nike and Adidas in the sales, and pretty much anything of those brands can be seen as 'acceptable' to an extent.

Bottoms (Jeans/Trousers): Below £10, branded or not.

Jackets, coats, and jumpers: £25 maximum. Usually branded stuff from the sales as this sort of thing from the likes of Primark aren't often good quality.

T Shirts or other sleeveless items (e.g. Polos, etc): Less than £10, branded or not.

Other sleeved items (sweaters, cardigans, knitted stuff): Around £10.

Undies last ages, but a few pound for them.

What do you all spend per type of clothing?

Same since i grew a beer gut.
If I like it I buy it whether it is £10 or £1000... Depends on what it is and what it is for I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get most of my stuff from boohoo.com where its pretty good value for money. However if i'm particularly poor that month i'll probe just buy charity shop stuff which often have mysterious stains on them ngl...
Original post by saraxh
Ummmmm I'd rather not say :colondollar: @CheeseIsVeg i feel guilty

PRSOM:rofl: :lol:

Spoiler

Shoes £20
Coats £25

Everything else under a tenner.
Normal Tops: £15-20+
Hoodies/Jackets/Jumper/Coats: £30-80
Fancy Tops: £40-90
Trousers/Shorts: £40-70+
Shoes: £50-70
Dresses (Party/special occasions); £90-100+
Shoes: £300-£400.
Trousers: £20-£30.
Shirts and sweaters: £20-£30.
Blazers: £30-£50.
Coats: £30-£90; although I'd budget upwards of £200 for a made-to-measure leather jacket.

(Ebay is a lifesaver, obviously.)
legit less than £10 because food is better value for money imo

Spoiler

Chinos £20-£35
Shirts- £7-20
Shoes £40 max
Trainers £50 max
T shirts £8 max (usually just buy the £2.50 ones from primark :lol: )
Zip jumper £15 max
Jeans £30 max
Coat £50 max

But primark, H&M,Uniqlo ,ASOS and Next :heart:
I get most of my clothes for free. I work in a shop that provides me with free uniform every month.

As for anything extra, I'll buy a lot from eBay or Charity Shops. I buy my underwear new, obviously, but I loathe how expensive bras typically are, particularly when you wear an uncommon size. Shoes I'm also pretty happy to buy second-hand, but again, I have weirdly-sized feet, so I need to take what I can get (within reason), so I've paid up to £100 for a pair before, though the cost per wear has been pretty low, since they're very useful.
It depends a lot on what it is. I like quality so I don't mind spending a lot on a good piece of clothes.
I usually spend :
Jeans /skirts : ~30/40€
Dresses : 50/80€
Shoes : ~20€ if not branded and ~100€ if branded
Underwears : ~50€ max per piece (I like underwear, also my size is complicated to find so I don't mind spending on it)
Coats/jackets : ~150/200€ (most was 345€ tho)

Something like that :3
(edited 7 years ago)
I believe in roaming naked and free so £0.
Depends on the item of clothing, to be honest.

Most t-shirts/shirts, no more than £10 (apart from any special shirts/t-shirts etc)
Most trousers, no more than £15
Shoes, it depends. Trainers, usually about £20. Smart shoes, quite a bit more, because I have quite wide feet so usually get the Clarks shoes. They usually last a long time too!

Coats/jumpers/fleeces: depends on the item, haven't bought one in ages as most of my current clothes are fine!

Quick Reply

Latest