The Student Room Group

First date, taking her to watch Finding Dory. Good idea?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kareem007
We are going on our first date to the cinema tomorrow. She hasn't mentioned any specific movie she would like to watch. I've seen all of the latest movies apart from Finding Dory. Would she find it weird if i asked her to watch that?. We are both 20 and im worried that i might come across as imature. I am aware that girls prefer romantic comedy type films, but i loathe them.

Cinema is terrible idea for a date. 2 hours of not saying anything to each other.

Just take her somewhere casual for a couple drinks (could even be starbucks), have a conversation with her and get to know her.
Original post by Y333EEE
Take her bowling or something lad, all movie first dates i've had have been unsccessful as you can't get to know eac other in the cinema*

No, first date should never been more than a couple drinks and conversation somewhere casual like a bar, cafe, stabucks etc. Because first date means nothing - at end of date she might decide she doesnt like you, and so you will have wasted money on her for nothing.

Make first couple dates very casual, then you can start taking her to bowling, restaurants etc on 3rd date onwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending