x Turn on thread page Beta

I think I'm Depressed...but scared and unsure watch

• Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Wow, thank you for writing such a detailed response at such a length.
    I don't really know what to say! (I'm sorry ) But just know that I've taken your post into account and consideration as it helps me through this.
    X
    Just wanted to let you know that I noticed you'd made a post that wasn't anonymous but I've sorted that for you

This thread has brought out the best side of TSR too with the replies you've gotten too which is lovely to see!

ReputationRep:
    Hi iv been in the place uv been i locked myself away from every1 till i tryed commitin suicide and my dad found the razor blades my closest mate come down regular tryin get me go out knowin that i wosnt myself but didnt kno wot but wen my dad found the blades he told my mum wit he found n i couldnt lie to my mum shed kno i wos lieing to her so i told her how i wos feelin n didnt kno wot to do were to go r anythin n in the end my mum has been the rock she evan gave me the confidence to start goin out n iv evan got married i still have my low days n some r realy low wee i lock myself away for hours on my own but the best thing i did wos openin up to my mum just go n ask txt her n ask if she will go somewere thats ur comfort zone mine i found wos my room n ask her sit near u n just say how ur feelin sooner rather than later as i regret not doin n leavein it to the point i did

ReputationRep:
    It was actually a friend of mine that made me realise what I feel about myself isn't normal, nor healthy. and other people have commented saying "why are you so miserable?". :rofl:

But I don't feel like I can talk to anyone about it to get help so I feel a bit stuck. :/. I don't feel like I can talk to someone at school about it (because I think it did have a factor to my rubbishy grades this year). Nor anyone in my own house.
    I think the reason is because I've felt like this for so long, a few years now, so I find it difficult to articulate how I feel in just a few sentences.

I know that as a 17 year old, I can book an appointment myself, but I can't really do that in private because my family are quite close and would want answers and I'm too ashamed to tell anyone. :sad:

So if anyone has been in the same situation and/or can offer advice, it would be much appreciated!
    I had the same issue a while back and what your describing is exactly what i went through.
    You either need to seek help (from friends/family/professionals) and its NOTHING to be ashamed of. Or you need to find the right way to fix yourself.

You can tslk to meif you want i may not be an expert but i am here for all TSRians.

Also i would be ever so grateful if you tell me if this is somewhat funny
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Donald Trump is only watching the olympics to see how high the Mexican pole vauters can go.

(Original post by Deyesy)
    Just wanted to let you know that I noticed you'd made a post that wasn't anonymous but I've sorted that for you

This thread has brought out the best side of TSR too with the replies you've gotten too which is lovely to see!
    Thank you for that, but can you sort out post #16 (quote) as well by any chance? Thank you!

Indeed so, it makes TSR a wonderful place to be.

(Original post by RickmanAlways)
    I had the same issue a while back and what your describing is exactly what i went through.
    You either need to seek help (from friends/family/professionals) and its NOTHING to be ashamed of. Or you need to find the right way to fix yourself.

You can tslk to meif you want i may not be an expert but i am here for all TSRians.

Also i would be ever so grateful if you tell me if this is somewhat funny
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Donald Trump is only watching the olympics to see how high the Mexican pole vauters can go.
    I think I'm going to take everyone's (and yours of course) advice and book an appointment with my GP in the next few months/weeks.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Thank you for that, but can you sort out post #16 (quote) as well by any chance? Thank you!

Indeed so, it makes TSR a wonderful place to be.
    Sorted

ReputationRep:
    My other problem is that I don't know how to approach them, what do I tell my mum? (whom I consider to be the closest with) I can't just be like " heyy mum, I think I have depression."
    The idea doing that absolutely petrifies me.
    Start it with what they know. They will have realised that you've been down, so you could say that you'd like to try and feel better, and seeing a GP could help with that - it's more of an opener

I can't do it. It's stupid of me I know. But it doesn't feel like the right time to actually tell anyone about this. *sigh*

One year and a bit later...

I didn't end up going to the doctor.

What I did do however, was make some life changes that have really just helped me feel better mentally.
    Surrounding yourself with those that make you happy, putting time and effort into something I love. Just being more optimistic about my outlook on life.

It honestly has made such a big difference with my attitude towards life. I have found myself to be more understanding of others that have gone through something similar and have even made new bonds because I feel like I can talk about it. Which I found is really important when it comes to issues like this.
    Another thing I found helpful in the early days was to keep a thought journal. Everyday write down one or two pages of whatever comes to your mind. Write down all the things you were too afraid to say. It helped make me realise where I stood on certain issues or helped simplify what I thought to be a quite complicated situation.

Having said all of this, I haven't gotten ridden of these thoughts completely. Despite that, I feel as though I can push through and deal with it on my own without losing control. I guess this is something I had to go through in order to better understand myself and grow stronger as a person.

I would also like to say thank you to those who have responded to my thread. Better late than never right. : You all have been a massive help and I hope this thread also helps those with the same thoughts I was initially feeling.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 20, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.