Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Foreskin restoration??? Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nefarious)
    Circumcision pre-dates recorded history, and is entirely a cultural practice, although the modern resurgence which started in the late 19th and early 20th century in the west was entirely due to squeamishness about masturbation. The procedure is literally designed to reduce the incentive to masturbate by reducing sensation during masturbation and sex. Around this time it was thought that epilepsy, impotence, gonorrhea, tuberculosis and most mental illness were all caused by masturbation. Despite this many medical professionals (particularly in the USA) who should know better still continue to support it.

They cite alleged benefits including slightly reduced chance of transfer of STDs and improved hygiene. (Both of which are extremely suspect.) This doesn't change the fact that you're carrying out an unnecessary surgical procedure on a new born.
    Oh 💭; thanks for replying again ; does it actually make masturbating and srx worse? I didn't expect that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Oh 💭; thanks for replying again ; does it actually make masturbating and srx worse? I didn't expect that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There isn't good evidence either way concerning the reduction in sensation, the general consensus is that it's not actually that significant a difference, nevertheless that's what the procedure was designed to do.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nefarious)
    There isn't good evidence either way concerning the reduction in sensation, the general consensus is that it's not actually that significant a difference, nevertheless that's what the procedure was designed to do.
    Ohhh cool, so there's no point of circumcision basically, except better hygiene? I've heard of that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know many men who were circumcised due to medical reasons as a child. I guess it really is your personal preference, but coming from a woman - I actually think it looks better (some will obviously disagree).

You'll need to weigh up the pro's and con's to having such an operation. It's really down to what you think would make you feel better.

So that you can see how common it is:

My son is going in for an operation soon to have his foreskin stretched, otherwise he'll face circumcision. But! Since my husband is circumcised and didn't have any issues I'll do whatever is best for my son medically at this time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Emizi)
    I know many men who were circumcised due to medical reasons as a child. I guess it really is your personal preference, but coming from a woman - I actually think it looks better (some will obviously disagree).

You'll need to weigh up the pro's and con's to having such an operation. It's really down to what you think would make you feel better.

So that you can see how common it is:

My son is going in for an operation soon to have his foreskin stretched, otherwise he'll face circumcision. But! Since my husband is circumcised and didn't have any issues I'll do whatever is best for my son medically at this time.
    I think it does look better
    (I was curious)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Ohhh cool, so there's no point of circumcision basically, except better hygiene? I've heard of that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you could just wash properly and ignore the risky surgery.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.