The Student Room Group

Private A levels vs College A levels

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sidra Manzur
I jus did my AS LEVEL NOW..with 3 science subjects...u mean to say it was not necessary for me to take physics instead i could have taken any subject i liked ?

Yes.
I jus did my AS LEVEL NOW..with 3 science subjects...u mean to say it was not necessary for me to take physics instead i could have taken any subject i liked ?

Unless you want to apply to cambridge then yes, you did not need to take physics and could have done something you enjoyed much more... this is why you should do your research thoroughly before you choose your alevels.
Original post by JayAhm
Luckily we have more than one medical school in the UK :P

As far as I'm aware, it's only Cambridge that ask for this, no other medical school does as has already been mentioned in this thread.

It's definitely not necessary to get into 'medical college' and doesn't provide you with an advantage when it's not a requirement.

@Natalierm2707 - I'm starting med school this September but I'm a couple of years older than your normal applicant (I don't like to refer to myself as a mature student, there's only a few years in it :P) I've gone through too many applications for other people and helped people out for the last few years choosing med schools though so thought I'll try and while away the weeks left before med school helping out others. Hopefully stay on and keep helping like you!

Well best of luck in med school! we need more people around on TSR to help answer questions for applicants so do keep up the good work! Hope to see you on the med students thread in september!
Wow 👏 can i drop physics now for A2 ...I've wasted my time studing physics...couldn't focus on biology and chemistry enough...thanks for the information and sorry for commenting wrong.
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you serious ? you need to do 3 AS science subjects for getting into a medical college .and I've seen some medical colleges that do require 4 AS SUBJECTS...3 science subjects and math

Not true. Both my friends with offers for medicine did 2 sciences each and maths.
Wow 👏 can i drop physics now for A2 ...I've wasted my time starting physics...couldn't focus on biology and chemistry enough...thanks for the information and sorry for commenting wrong.

Thats ok, at least we've helped you out now. Good luck in A2!
Wow 👏 can i drop physics now for A2 ...I've wasted my time studing physics...couldn't focus on biology and chemistry enough...thanks for the information and sorry for commenting wrong.

dont worry about it, the reason were here on TSR is to help you guys out and make sure any queries you have are answered. You can of course drop physics and just do 3 A2 levels if that is what you would want. Best of luck in your studies and application.
Thanks..means alot.
Thanks! (:
Sorry dis was a wrong information..is there any way i could delete this post ?
.-----.
I'm planning to take a year out and do chemistry I'm currently just finished AS and awaiting my results :/

Would it be okay doing an online chemistry course or is it really hard?

Any advice please :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending