Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanks djk, hope you're well too You back in Canada?

ReputationRep:
    Lemon and sugar (loads and loads of lemon though)
    Strawberries and nutella (or even better, melted dairy milk choc)

ReputationRep:
    melted choc or golden syrup mmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eventhorizon)
    Smollenski's (on the Strand) make the NICEST pancakes! Chocolate sauce with ice cream (and mint toothpicks to hold them together)

Lovely.

On the other hand, I'm still an avid fan of the lemon juice and sugar pancake!
    Or Hampstead creperie. Legend!

ReputationRep:
    Crepes are nice.

But equally I am consistently amazed at the inability of English people to tell the difference between a crepe and a pancake.

ReputationRep:
    So what is the difference between a crêpe and a pancake? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...intriguing...

ReputationRep:
    A pancake (the British, flat ones) is usually made in a hot frying pan, whereas crepes are made on a round flat hot plate thing, and the mixture is spread in a big circle and are much thinner and less greasy than traditional pancakes.

ReputationRep:
    Nutella and walnuts

Or golden syrup
    Or maple syrup

Or sugar!

ReputationRep:
    orange and lemon juice + sugar

maple syrup.

thats all ive ever tried, but im liking the chocolate and banana idea.

ReputationRep:
    I love my mum's vegan pancakes as they're slightly thicker! I usually have peanut butter or lemon and sugar on mine.

ReputationRep:
    i always wondered what a crepe was. despite having pancakes weekly since forever...

ReputationRep:
    it used to be coconut and jam but my allergy to coconut got worse and i cant go near the stuff then it was mashmallows but now i became a veggie
    so strawberries or rasberries and cream xx

ReputationRep:
    when i was on holiday in holland this place did these huge pancakes (probably over a foot in diameter) and they were nice and thick.

i had icing sugar and chocolate sauce, but they also did savoury ones with all sorts of toppings

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe no-one's ever tried after eight mints melted inside pancakes! Second best filling after lemon and sugar!

ReputationRep:
    Give me a French, crisp crepe anyday over a big American buttermilk pancake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Oh God, I had some of the best crepes of my life in Montpellier. My favourite was off of a small stall - melted chocolate and banana. It was gorgeous
    I'd go back to Montpellier just to have one! :p:
    O yeah i used go to Montpellier most years when i was younger never had any crepes better than i did there accept maybe some crepe suzzetes i had in Paris tho i must say for sweet crepes it got to be lemon and sugar or suzzete tho savoury crepes cant beat good ole cheese crepes with emental mozzerlla and a tad of feta they gorgeous great for a meal with some chips or summat and quite cheap to make aswell at home tho you cant beat them from a creperier

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.