Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

low ukcat score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    Not really. Kings look at everything, but a low UKCAT and "realatively" low GCSE's means you will likely get rejected. Pretty much everyone applying for medicine has extra curriculars and a decent PS/reference unfortunately. Best of luck
    Is GCSE equivalent to O levels? That, I find a little confusing.. Apparently, what I've been told is that O level is harder?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZainabBaber)
    Is GCSE equivalent to O levels? That, I find a little confusing.. Apparently, what I've been told is that O level is harder?!
    They may well be harder, but I'm pretty sure they are GCSE equivalents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    Not really. Kings look at everything, but a low UKCAT and "realatively" low GCSE's means you will likely get rejected. Pretty much everyone applying for medicine has extra curriculars and a decent PS/reference unfortunately. Best of luck

I have the same score of 1720 and really wanted to apply for Keele but this years cut off is 1730. Will they still consider me with a stj band 1 and a 2:1 in a Chemistry Degree with a lot of work experience? Like do they look at everything as a whole and weight it together or are they strict with the UKCAT? Any help would be much appreciated as this might be my last year of applying 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon14288)
    I have the same score of 1720 and really wanted to apply for Keele but this years cut off is 1730. Will they still consider me with a stj band 1 and a 2:1 in a Chemistry Degree with a lot of work experience? Like do they look at everything as a whole and weight it together or are they strict with the UKCAT? Any help would be much appreciated as this might be my last year of applying 😔
    I don't know much about graduate entry medicine, sorry. I wouldn't apply there if your below the cut off

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.