Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Harambe a dying meme or does he continue to live on? [POLL] Watch

• View Poll Results: Is Harambe a dying meme or does he continue to live on?
    It's a dead meme.
    15.38%
    Harambe continues to live on.
    84.62%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    H eroic
    A mazing
    R espected
    A dmired
    M ajestic
    B rilliant
    E xsquisite
    Wow, brought a tear to my eye that. It seems Harambe brings out the inner poet and philosopher in everyone.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by BioChemWizard)
    Wow, brought a tear to my eye that. It seems Harambe brings out the inner poet and philosopher in everyone.
    Harambe taught Michael Phelps how to swim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Harambe taught Michael Phelps how to swim.

Wow, and the inner athlete! No wonder he's considered amongst the legends.

ReputationRep:
    He took better care of the child than the mother did.

ReputationRep:
    dicks out

ReputationRep:
    A logical and thorough argument, just be wary of QWC (Quality of written communication) marks (spelling of 'question' and 'colossal' although I'm aware these are typos.
    Question was colossal wasn't . I have brought shame to Harambe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurtfulHarold)
    Question was colossal wasn't . I have brought shame to Harambe.
    Only one l in colossal - but do not fear. They say Harambe is loving and forgiving, I can assure you he would appreciate your loyalty.

ReputationRep:
    Only one l in colossal - but do not fear. They say Harambe is loving and forgiving, I can assure you he would appreciate your loyalty.
    We truly were blessed to have such a compassionate idol to look up to, one of his best lessons was the act on forgiving one another. R.I.P my man!

ReputationRep:
    A Tory kid from my old college posted in agony about the passing of Harambe and was completely silent on the day of Joe cox's murder and never expressed anything on the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    A Tory kid from my old college posted in agony about the passing of Harambe and was completely silent on the day of Joe cox's murder and never expressed anything on the subject.
    So?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Lots of sad things happen. Nobody has an obligation to talk about them all. That being said, I don't give a damn about some random gorilla and I don't see why it drew so much attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Lots of sad things happen. Nobody has an obligation to talk about them all. That being said, I don't give a damn about some random gorilla and I don't see why it drew so much attention.
    you don't say...

ReputationRep:
    This is potential EPQ question if anyone is struggling for ideas.
    Damn why didn't I think of this

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, I can't actually remember there being loads of memes around at the time of the shooting but in the last couple of days they're all over my twitter feed,

ReputationRep:
    Just checked this thread, wow. It seems most people believe the Harambe meme is alive and well (37 votes to 8 at present).

Recently been in the news: Cincinnati zoo 'not amused' by memes. Article here.

What do we make of this?

One might argue humour and positive reminiscence are legitimate ways people deal with death, do you share the same view?

ReputationRep:
    I quite like this meme as it's the internet making fun of itself on how much it values animal lives over human ones.

ReputationRep:
    How many times do I have to get my **** out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PotAuFeu)
    I quite like this meme as it's the internet making fun of itself on how much it values animal lives over human ones.
    Why do you think it's a joke?

ReputationRep:
    Fun Harambe fact: Harambe was named after the 1988 Shanachie Records song "Harambe (Working Together for Freedom)" by Rita Marley. The name is derived from Swahili.

ReputationRep:
    To what extent is Harambe continuing to live on through the durable medium of memes, and what are the reasons for this particular meme's longevity?

This is potential EPQ question if anyone is struggling for ideas.

:beard:

So I read a stupid Guardian article recently which addresses why the Harambe meme isn't dying (this journalist I imagine has too much time on his/her hands). It seems this meme will rival the longevity of Pepe.

Guardian article.

Discuss. (5 marks)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes I know why would I make this thread, it's the summer holidays and what better way to take your mind of results day than to look at memes.
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    first of all, what is harambe
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Harambe will always live on. Bow down to him.
    (Original post by defenestrated)
    harambe didn't deserve to die and the meme doesn't either
    Some say he is one of the 'legends' that passed away in 2016. David Bowie, Prince, Muhammad Ali and so on. So he's acquired such status remarkably quickly.
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Viva harambe
    (Original post by HurtfulHarold)
    His legacy lives on for all eternity. His hot blooded conviction fused with his admirable passion are two attributes that have contributed to this eternal legacy. The fools who have the nerve to taint this legend's name, such collossal impudence! Now the answer to your questiion seems obvious, as long as he is remembered, he shall never cease to exist.
    (Original post by sr90)
    H eroic
    A mazing
    R espected
    A dmired
    M ajestic
    B rilliant
    E xsquisite

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.