Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureJane)
    Hi,

Do you not get any help with funding if you are claiming JSA?
    i think it kind of varies with each college but i know ur not entitled to the adult learning grant on jsa but u can get help frm college learner support fund. its best to check with your college if u can get the course for free if ur on jsa but possibly depends on d hours ur doin per week etc. ..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info i'll check that out

ReputationRep:
    I've just completed my Access Social Sciences course & I'm off to Liverpool University in September to do a politics degree. I can't wait!

I found the Access course excellent & I feel very proud to have been offered places in all of my chosen universities. I must admit the last year has been very emotional and at times I just wanted to give it all up, luckily i had the support of my children (6 & 4), my husband and all my fellow students (most of who where in the same situation as myself).

I must admit the amount of work we had amazed me and to be honest it was a lot harder than I first anticipated. At the beggining of the course there were 25 students enroled to do the Social Sciences Access but only 10 of us recieved our certificates, due to alot of people dropping out over the year & one person finished the year but didn't recieve enough credits to pass.

Reading through this post I realise how lucky I was that my Access course was fully funded for full time students so I didn't have to pay anything to do it as it cost me a fortune in parking/eating each week.

Anyway all my babbling is trying to say GO FOR IT! You won't regret it and I wish you loads & loads of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchestergirl)
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new here and come September I'll be a new student, this year I'll be doing my access course (Social Science) and next year I hope to go to one of the local Uni's either Manchester, MMU, Salford to study Psychology I'm currently really excited and I hope that the feeling lasts!

Is there anyone else on here who is, or who has, followed this route in to Uni??
    I'm a stay at home mum (26 years old with a 1 year old) at the mo so a little nervous in case my brain has stopped working! :p:
    Hi am new to this site today! I am 27 years of age myself with a child of ten. Like yourself i chose to complete an access course to be able to go to uni. I have just passed my access to teaching and will be starting uni in September! I enjoyed the course a lot and made some new friends aswell, which is a bonus. I did struggle a bit, sometimes i felt like quitting, but thank god i didnt! Good luck to you, stick at it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm claiming JSA until monday & I just enrolled for my Access to business course today. As i was claiming i didnt have to pay anything for the course

Just a £15 admin fee and thats all!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.