Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it always wrong to ghost someone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    I see, what if it wasn't actually a relationship, but a "friendship" with a lot of flirting going on and you had only met in person once?

It's still cowardly, no doubt but would it be more hurtful if you outright told them why you don't like them anymore (assuming that it's about bad and unattractive traits that they have)?
    It's never really more hurtful to be ghosted on imo.

Because that just leaves you to doubt. Why did they stop? What did I do wrong? At what point were they starting to lose interest rather than gaining it? blah blah blah. If you're someone who tends to think negatively as it is then that will just cause you think the absolute worst.

A straight up answer not only prevents that but can sometimes, give you a means to better yourself for future people.

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    It's never really more hurtful to be ghosted on imo.

Because that just leaves you to doubt. Why did they stop? What did I do wrong? At what point were they starting to lose interest rather than gaining it? blah blah blah. If you're someone who tends to think negatively as it is then that will just cause you think the absolute worst.

A straight up answer not only prevents that but can sometimes, give you a means to better yourself for future people.
    I think that's the first post I've seen of yours that I actually agree with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    I think that's the first post I've seen of yours that I actually agree with.
    Lol.

I think you judge me too harshly.

Or perhaps you just don't read many of my posts

ReputationRep:
    I just did, in what I hope was the least cruel way possible. Truth be told, I don't think that there was any way to do this without hurting the guy

Thanks for your post, you were right. PRSOM.
    Don't try to justify ghosting him to make yourself feel better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorillion)
    Don't try to justify ghosting him to make yourself feel better.
    I didn't ghost him. I meant that I gave him my reasons why I don't want to stay in contact anymore.

ReputationRep:
    If so, why?
    I think it depends on how long the two of you have been talking for tbh. The further into the dating it is, the worse it is. I don't understand why a guy or girl can't just be honest about it, even if it's just by text message. It's such a quick thing to do and can leave the other person without wondering why it happened...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlitterandGold-x)
    I think it depends on how long the two of you have been talking for tbh. The further into the dating it is, the worse it is. I don't understand why a guy or girl can't just be honest about it, even if it's just by text message. It's such a quick thing to do and can leave the other person without wondering why it happened...
    This is so true

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.