Turn on thread page Beta

Disabled Father Making My Life Hell... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everybody for your support, me and my brother always discuss putting him in a home but then it always makes me feel so guilty and my mother plain refuses to.

But now i feel like we do need a break, I swear its so physically exhausting and mentally draining, if we could get someone in to help so atleast my brother could get a break and maybe if my dad could go stay somewhere short term -like just for a few days even.

I have thought of this for a long time, but whenever I mention it to my mum and brother they are so pessimistic about it and always put me off. It is something I'm definatley going to work on now though because theres only so much we can take.

How would I go about this? We did have a social worker yonks ago who came around like 2 times but have never heard from her since. Perhaps I need to speak to our GP.

Well thanks guys just from wrting that post yesterday and reading some of your replies I genuinely feel much better- i can never talk about it to my friends (way too graphic and private for me to feel comfortable sharing) I've literally been bottling it up for years because it happened when I was a kid, for me its all I have ever known so I figured thats just life, its only gotten really bad over the past year though and ever since I have been off for the summer holidays I just feel like this is the worst time in my life, but hopefully it will get better....

ReputationRep:
    Glad you feel better
    Speaking to your GP would definitely be an idea, and you need to bring up the subject of respite care with your family as they may be unaware of the differences between this and full-time care.
    Good luck with it and let us know how you go

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.