Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Armed man injures 7 on Swiss train with knife, starts fire Watch

ReputationRep:
    What is the latest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    So then there's less darkness in those places? Your use of "importing" suggests the removal of darkness from one place to another. That's not the case. There's more darkness, it hasn't been transferred.

Although I think we've been in place of relative cover over our childhoods, when you think about WW2 and then the Cold War..:
    The darkness has existed in other nations, only recently have our governments allowed those who form and create the darkness to enter our nations, bringing their darkness with them.

ReputationRep:
    Toblerene withdrawal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    The darkness has existed in other nations, only recently have our governments allowed those who form and create the darkness to enter our nations, bringing their darkness with them.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37072847

Police said they could not exclude the possibility of a terrorist motive.
    Police spokesman Hanspeter Kruesi told AFP news agency the suspected attacker was not of immigrant background.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why you have quoted me here.

ReputationRep:
    "Police spokesman Hanspeter Kruesi told AFP news agency the suspected attacker was not of immigrant background."

ReputationRep:
    What was the ethnic origin of the perpetrator?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Although I think we've been in place of relative cover over our childhoods, when you think about WW2 and then the Cold War..:
    Other than perhaps the IRA, terrorist attacks against the UK were very uncommon throughout the Cold War. Certainly no Soviet KGB agents or sympathisers tried to blow us up.

Even the IRA usually gave some kind of phone warning as civilians usually weren't their primary target.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    Other than perhaps the IRA, terrorist attacks against the UK were very uncommon throughout the Cold War. Certainly no Soviet KGB agents or sympathisers tried to blow us up.

Even the IRA usually gave some kind of phone warning as civilians usually weren't their primary target.
    I wasn't referring to acts of terrorism in regards to the Cold War. I know the Cold War was a time of anxiety for many people. I remember my mum saying that my nan was very anxious what with the Nuclear Arms Race. It was a time of deep political unrest as we all know.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.