Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No Mans Sky: A word of warning before anyone considers buying (PC focused) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Interesting review, thank you. This is what I was worried about.

That said, does it have a good atmosphere?
    Sort of. It wears off really fast. After you realize that you have to spend all your time just grinding away to get minerals to warp somewhere else (combined with a ridiculous 8 slot inventory to start) it gets tiresome really fast.

I mean if you enjoy wandering around the same stuff for hours, go ahead. But I really don't think its worth full price at all for anyone who is expecting more than a walking/mineral collecting simulator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Good review. The stuff about the repetitiveness of the new worlds is what I expected, but it's also surely a bit of a disappointment? After all, the whole sales pitch of this game is supposed to be the endless capacity for exploration? I would have thought they would perfect the algorithms that generate new worlds to create a huge amount of variety there, as a minimum?
    They must have spent all their time getting the procedural generation right, rather than creating unique assets to go along with them.

The creatures for example are all generated from a glaringly small pool of limbs/blogs just rearranged. After a while, you see the patterns. Once you've spent 10 minutes on a planet, there's really nothing to do, except maybe do the alien fetch quests.

Rather than 18 quintillion empty worlds, they should have done a billion, hell even a million, worlds with actual deep content to work with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    Yeah you really notice the similarity after a few worlds. It seems different at first glance, but take a careful look and you can see that the textures are all the same, just resized, refitted, etc.

The 2.5 gb download size is a dead giveaway.
    Aye its a huge shame. But I sort of saw it coming. Would take an awful lot to make a good randomly generated game like that without making everything practically same or just empty.

ReputationRep:
    They must have spent all their time getting the procedural generation right, rather than creating unique assets to go along with them.

The creatures for example are all generated from a glaringly small pool of limbs/blogs just rearranged. After a while, you see the patterns. Once you've spent 10 minutes on a planet, there's really nothing to do, except maybe do the alien fetch quests.

Rather than 18 quintillion empty worlds, they should have done a billion, hell even a million, worlds with actual deep content to work with.
    I don't know how the project is funded (was it crowdfunded?), but it seems like a perfect job for super-clever programmers and presumably they cost quite a bit to hire, so maybe it's down to money, or attracting the right talent. I hear that all the firms in these kinds of areas, like app builders for example, have recruiting the people they need as their number one priority.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    I imagine what will happen is that the engine for the game will be sold for gigantic amounts of money for other developers to use as the base of other games.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how the project is funded (was it crowdfunded?), but it seems like a perfect job for super-clever programmers and presumably they cost quite a bit to hire, so maybe it's down to money, or attracting the right talent. I hear that all the firms in these kinds of areas, like app builders for example, have recruiting the people they need as their number one priority.
    Backed by Sony to be a PS4 exclusive I think? Not sure.

Either way, NMS has fallen into an unfortunate category of being more of a tech demo than a full fledged 60 dollar game. Spaceflight is bested by games like Elite: Dangerous, and mining and survival by basically every other one of those games out there (Rust, Arc, Minecraft etc.).

The only thing it really does well is it's scope of procedural generation, and not exactly the content of its procedural generation is done that well either.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine what will happen is that the engine for the game will be sold for gigantic amounts of money for other developers to use as the base of other games.
    I think you're right. It's going to become like Crytek after their last few games were commercial failures. CryEngine really is incredible though.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    I think you're right. It's going to become like Crytek after their last few games were commercial failures. CryEngine really is incredible though.
    I'm fine with this personally - just as long as it goes to Star Trek.

ReputationRep:
    What's with the sudden influx of people taking this guy seriously? He's been fanatical, inaccurate, exaggerated and stereotypical forum arguer in his attack of a video game to the point he wrote out this long rant in its own topic, directly above the No Man's Sky thread, immediately after people started saying they were enjoying the game. (And on reading, he even started nicking what other people said for his 'review' (rant).)

So I'll actually go through with reading it and point out if there are inaccuracies so we can make something of this thread.

tl;dr: It's far more of an empty tech demo than a full price game. Buy it if you enjoy lonely exploration for hours on end and enjoy collecting resources endlessly. It's an extremely niche game that I doubt more than a handful of people will truly enjoy. Would recommend buying later on Steam Sale/GOG Sale etc at a deep discount after all the bugs have been fixed and more content has been added.
    This is true, but in the same way saying Donald Trump is closer to Mother Theresa than a box of cupcakes.

It is a 'space game', niche as all the others, just as I was saying before this 'review' was posted. But to say you spend 'hours on end exploring' and 'collecting resources endlessly' isn't quite accurate. That's like saying you should only play Mario if you enjoy 'hours on end of pressing right' and 'jumping endlessly'. Certainly they are the main parts of the game, but it isn't a permanent hell.

If anyone is considering buying a NMS, I strongly encourage you to read the following and make a careful decision before parting with the 40 pounds or whatever it is in your country.
    If anyone is considering buying No Man's Sky, I strongly encourage you know what the game is about, which is best done now by looking at YouTube videos of people playing the game, though presumably you would do this with most games you're buying, particularly new ones.

I'll be adding more as I get more time to. I strongly urge people to read the reviews on Steam, and see plenty of other people talking about it.
    I strongly urge people to treat Steam reviews as seriously as you would normally treat them. The game didn't work for some people at launch, so of course they went to the usual response of spamming negative reviews. I haven't seen them but I doubt you would be as informed as you would a proper review or video.

I won't comment on what the devs have 'planned'. I don't care. When I pay 40 pounds for a full game, I expect a full game. If they plan to add half the content after release, I expect it to be marketed as Early Access.
    This 'review' is such a poorly disguised rant. Get on with the sodding review.

The home world takes around 2 hours ish to get through and flying, which might be more time than is allowed to get a full Steam refund.
    It took me minutes. (Though I spent a lot longer on it because of all that exploring I was doing, by choice.)

This game is not a 'do anything in a galaxy' type of game. There has been so many vague statements and often untrue statements from the devs, fans etc. I'm sure many people have or will buy this game based on that hype. This is a mining-survival game at its core, with good scenery built in.
    Just as I was saying, though I wouldn't say it's a 'mining survival game'. There's no real peril. I would say it's an explorationy space game. It pretty much plays with the same concept as games like X and Freelancer, but with less focus on combat and instead of buying resources (which you can do), you can actually land on planets, set foot on them, and collect resources and discover things.

The Not-so-good:
    -Horrific optimization. I can't emphasize this enough. For a game that has been in development for years, it runs atrociously. Constant crashes. Low framerates. People with GTX 980s have reported framerates in the 10-20s. I would recommend going to steam forums to read through and see if anyone has any tips for your GPU/Setup. Even EA would be horrified at the state this game is in. For all the skill it took to code the 20 gajillion planets or whatever, the game feels as though it was quality tested by drug addicts. If anyone remembers Arkham Knight fiasco on PC, NMS is that on steroids. No doubt there will be people who have it running great, but there are plenty of people who haven't.
    Keep in mind that this seems to be for a minority of people. There seems to be a compatibility problem with OpenGL and/or SSE 4.1, which means the power of your PC doesn't matter (some people with naff computers are playing it fine on max setting, some people with souped up ones are having trouble), it's just about what specifically you have, so it's a bit of luck about whether it'll work fine right now or whether you'd have to wait for the patch, which will no doubt make this inevitable problem a distant memory.

-The lack of things to do. Simply put, there is nothing to do except mine, trade, and fly (somewhat fly at least). This is it. There's no end goal except some vague 'center of the galaxy crap'. Don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against open-ended sandbox games, but sandbox games have things to actually do inside. You can craft, build, create, etc. There simply isn't anything to do in a world except fire your mining laser, collect minerals so you can warp, repeat. Imagine if minecraft was simply you walking around forever, collecting enough resources to jump to another part of the map. This is essentially what NMS is in it's current state. The game is simply tedious resource gathering until you have enough stuff to take you to the next system, repeat. If this is your type of game, then go ahead. However, I'm doubtful as to whether people would be so eager to purchase the game based once they figured out what the bulk of the gameplay entails.
    This is completely false.

The concept of the game is pretty much the same as other space games: start with a basic ship, make money, upgrade your stuff, continue.

To this end, you'll fly to any planet or moon of your choosing to make money and/or upgrade your stuff. The obvious one is to collect resources and sell them on at space stations or fellow traders you bump into. You can also buy their ship if you wish. There are several other things to do though. You can fly around looking for landmarks and buildings and ransack the place, you can decode signals to find downed ships and creepy abandoned buildings, this addicting breadcrumb following leads you to ships, plans, money, knowledge.

It's no GTA, but it's certainly like an X or other space games in that respect. A handful of 'mission' types that reward you with upgrades.

-Flying?. Perhaps one of the most disappointing parts of the game. Flying is simply sped up walking. You can't crash. It awkwardly auto lands you some points. There are plenty of bugs here as well. Sometimes you get stuck in the floor. Other times your ship auto flies upwards, hits the ceiling, crashes and you lose your inventory. Space combat is more of a chore rather than an actual exercise in skill.
    Flying is a minor part of the gameplay. I don't expect vehicles in other sandbox games (unless their vehicle-based like GTA) to have sophisticated simulations. The flying is as basic as you'd expect, it's a means to an end.

At times you will be attacked by pirates, or you may wish to help someone else being attacked (or attack them yourselves!), but that's all the space combat there is. It's no worse than some other decent space games I've played, just simplified. In other games you have loads of gadgets, in this one you point and shoot, or fly to a location. And do we really want to be crashing into planets because we didn't pay attention or, worse, because the 'game screwed me'? This guy would be even more pissed.

-The worlds. The 18 quintillion worlds or whatever sound great until you quickly realize they are the same thing. After you power through a few worlds, it quickly becomes obvious that they follow the same patterns. The textures, assets, and models are simply resized and refitted. The entire universe is dead and shallow. 'Aliens' in the game are either mindless creatures that simply run around uselessly. The NPCs are incredibly boring and pointless. You meet them, talk (assuming you know enough words) and fetch some minerals for them (sometimes this takes hours), and they reward you. About as thrilling as fetch-quests in MMOs. Space Stations are not procedurally generated I think. They look massive, but go in and there's just one alien in a room. Why is the station so big? What's the point? Who knows.
    I'm now starting to question whether this person has played this game, which is creepy. Given he's appropriated what other people has said and now writing it as his own, I'm suspecting guesswork followed by copy/pasting others'.

With the unfathomably large amount of stars, let alone planets, in the game, you can't expect every one to be completely different - that's not even true of our own solar system! Uranus and Neptune? Pft, same thing. Mercury and Pluto? Who designed these planets? Come on. They're both basically the Moon!

Planets will come in different types, and all look a bit different, with different flora and fauna. I can remember every planet I've been on as they've all been different. Whether it be an Earth-like with beautifully green night skies, a glittering 'night time' wonder with strange stubby-legged wolf creatures milling around, or a scorched violent planet with raging storms, or a slightly snowy cold foresty planet, or a ghostly dead rock where the star is so weak that it looks like night even in day. Even one I named 'Purple Yurple' for its purple fauna and mountains. And these are just the planets, the animals and plant can be quite strange.

The overall design is going to be familiar (it's based on the old sci-fi mags), but there is variety and different things to be weary of.

-Combat. It's OK? It's no leaps and bounds, but it's passable. The reticle is a bit slow to move, but should be rectified by turning up the sensitivity. Any difficulty is nonexistent without the sentinels (see below) but sentinels are extremely aggressive and become dangerous in packs.
    -Sentinels. I feel as though this deserves a point of it's own. I'm going to copy from thejimquisition's site as he has put it far better than I could.

"Breaking up the “enjoyment” of filling your tiny (if slowly expandable) inventory with materials are frequent attacks from Sentinels – robotic annoyances that seem to be everywhere and further drive home the uniformity of this allegedly varied universe.

Combat with sentinels cfonsists of firing one’s mining microtool (or switching to weapon mode if you have one attached) and trying to keep focused on them as they buzz around like lies, peppering you with bullets.

When a sentinel shows up, you’ll be expected to drop everything and deal with them, lest they call for support. Planets with a heavy sentinel presence might as well be called Worlds o’ Harassment, since you won’t be able to stay out of your starship for half a minute before one of the little shits shows up.

Every now and then, “elite” versions might appear, but they’re actually less irritating to fight since they stand still sometimes – the game’s sub-par FPS mechanics really aren’t suited for fast-moving fodder. Guns feel weak and aiming on the PS4 is sluggish even with the sensitivity turned up to maximum.

"
    This is just wrong. Jim's cool, but he is a drama queen, that's what makes him and all the other reviewers and commentators entertaining. Angry Video Game Nerd, Angry Joe, Zero Punctuation, they don't become entertaining and popular because they like things. People want to rant. Clue's in their names usually! 'Inquisition' pun, 'Angry' this, 'Angry' that.

The sentinels are nothing, if anything they should be beefed up (though I prefer them being easily defeatable, otherwise they WOULD get annoying). I've been playing pretty much all day every day since release and only had a few sentinel encounters, that ended in 15 seconds. They're weak, and you don't even have to fight them sometimes - there is the odd building you have to blast the door down to get in, when you start doing this a few sentinels will come. However you can just use your grenades, blast the door down in one shot and enter, crisis averted. But you could just shoot them down in 15 seconds and pick up the loot they drop, it's up to you, you win either way.

Good review. The stuff about the repetitiveness of the new worlds is what I expected, but it's also surely a bit of a disappointment? After all, the whole sales pitch of this game is supposed to be the endless capacity for exploration? I would have thought they would perfect the algorithms that generate new worlds to create a huge amount of variety there, as a minimum?
    They're certainly more varied than, say, GTA's cities. The comparison is hugely uinfair to GTA, in fact. But perhaps they're two different games. GTA concentrates on being a jack of all trades, so it can afford to have all its environments the same (particular GTA V, which is basically one small city and a load of trees and sea). This game concentrates more on one or two things, but its the environments that are varied.

If 'GTA in space' was made and the planets were as different as this, there would be universal praise.

Interesting review, thank you. This is what I was worried about.

That said, does it have a good atmosphere?

I've played many games in the past that have been scored averagely, and they are flawed, but they have a memorable and unique atmosphere which I really enjoyed.

For instance, the very first Assassin's Creed and the first Borderlands.
    I think it would depend on how you feel about space games. If you love them, you'll be in awe, sci-fi fans (particularly old school ones) are orgasmic about it. However if you don't much care for space and that, you'd just say "well this place has mountains just like the last one, lame".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    What's with the sudden influx of people taking this guy seriously? He's been fanatical, inaccurate, exaggerated and stereotypical forum arguer in his attack of a video game to the point he wrote out this long rant in its own topic, directly above the No Man's Sky thread, immediately after people started saying they were enjoying the game. (And on reading, he even started nicking what other people said for his 'review' (rant).)

"Wahh, why aren't people adhering to my opinion that this game is jesus reincarnate and demonizing someone to criticizes it."

So I'll actually go through with reading it and point out if there are inaccuracies so we can make something of this thread.

Saltier than Salt Lake City

This is true, but in the same way saying Donald Trump is closer to Mother Theresa than a box of cupcakes.

It is a 'space game', niche as all the others, just as I was saying before this 'review' was posted. But to say you spend 'hours on end exploring' and 'collecting resources endlessly' isn't quite accurate. That's like saying you should only play Mario if you enjoy 'hours on end of pressing right' and 'jumping endlessly'. Certainly they are the main parts of the game, but it isn't a permanent hell.

Haha nice try. Racing games for example actually take skill, and plenty of people play to get higher on leaderboards, and to climb to reach the high skill caps. What's the skillcap or goal in NMS? I can blast those same minerals faster. People play Smash Bros because they love the skillcap and want to compete with others, even though its the same thing over and over again.

If anyone is considering buying No Man's Sky, I strongly encourage you know what the game is about, which is best done now by looking at YouTube videos of people playing the game, though presumably you would do this with most games you're buying, particularly new ones.

I strongly urge people to treat Steam reviews as seriously as you would normally treat them. The game didn't work for some people at launch, so of course they went to the usual response of spamming negative reviews. I haven't seen them but I doubt you would be as informed as you would a proper review or video.

"Do not read negative reviews on Steam, many of which contain actual, detailed, criticism as it goes against my opinion"

This 'review' is such a poorly disguised rant. Get on with the sodding review.

Holy crap, I have never seen someone so bitter because someone dissed a game they enjoy.

It took me minutes. (Though I spent a lot longer on it because of all that exploring I was doing, by choice.)

Just as I was saying, though I wouldn't say it's a 'mining survival game'. There's no real peril. I would say it's an explorationy space game. It pretty much plays with the same concept as games like X and Freelancer, but with less focus on combat and instead of buying resources (which you can do), you can actually land on planets, set foot on them, and collect resources and discover things.

Keep in mind that this seems to be for a minority of people. There seems to be a compatibility problem with OpenGL and/or SSE 4.1, which means the power of your PC doesn't matter (some people with naff computers are playing it fine on max setting, some people with souped up ones are having trouble), it's just about what specifically you have, so it's a bit of luck about whether it'll work fine right now or whether you'd have to wait for the patch, which will no doubt make this inevitable problem a distant memory.

"Guys, don't worry, it will be patched soon and you won't remember it at all". Nice try, except for 40 pounds you would expect people to have a playable game. Did the devs not do a single amount of quality testing. The sheer scale of bugs and crashes that people have reported have made this one of the worst launches ever. Worse than SimCity or Arkham Knight.

I'm convinced you have a relative who works there. I rarely see people justify bad launches so much as you have if they don't have a personal stake in it.

This is completely false.

The concept of the game is pretty much the same as other space games: start with a basic ship, make money, upgrade your stuff, continue.

To this end, you'll fly to any planet or moon of your choosing to make money and/or upgrade your stuff. The obvious one is to collect resources and sell them on at space stations or fellow traders you bump into. You can also buy their ship if you wish. There are several other things to do though. You can fly around looking for landmarks and buildings and ransack the place, you can decode signals to find downed ships and creepy abandoned buildings, this addicting breadcrumb following leads you to ships, plans, money, knowledge.

You're just adding more embellished language to describe the same thing. Upgrading your stuff doesn't lead to anything, except mining the same resources faster. Other space games actually have things worth exploring. They may have deep combat, lore, backstory, choices etc. Something else to do or work towards. What impact do the choices in your gameplay have in NMS? Is there any interesting backstory to the aliens there.

Flying is a minor part of the gameplay. I don't expect vehicles in other sandbox games (unless their vehicle-based like GTA) to have sophisticated simulations. The flying is as basic as you'd expect, it's a means to an end.

At times you will be attacked by pirates, or you may wish to help someone else being attacked (or attack them yourselves!), but that's all the space combat there is. It's no worse than some other decent space games I've played, just simplified. In other games you have loads of gadgets, in this one you point and shoot, or fly to a location. And do we really want to be crashing into planets because we didn't pay attention or, worse, because the 'game screwed me'? This guy would be even more pissed.

I'm now starting to question whether this person has played this game, which is creepy. Given he's appropriated what other people has said and now writing it as his own, I'm suspecting guesswork followed by copy/pasting others'.

Saltier than the dead sea.

Planets will come in different types, and all look a bit different, with different flora and fauna. I can remember every planet I've been on as they've all been different. Whether it be an Earth-like with beautifully green night skies, a glittering 'night time' wonder with strange stubby-legged wolf creatures milling around, or a scorched violent planet with raging storms, or a slightly snowy cold foresty planet, or a ghostly dead rock where the star is so weak that it looks like night even in day. Even one I named 'Purple Yurple' for its purple fauna and mountains. And these are just the planets, the animals and plant can be quite strange.

The overall design is going to be familiar (it's based on the old sci-fi mags), but there is variety and different things to be weary of.

Great, except anyone with functioning eyes who takes a close look can see that after your 20th planet, they're just using the same assets and textures resized and recolored to the point where it becomes a chore to move to other planets. If the entire point of the game is see new worlds any time, they've done a pretty poor job.

This is just wrong. Jim's cool, but he is a drama queen, that's what makes him and all the other reviewers and commentators entertaining. Angry Video Game Nerd, Angry Joe, Zero Punctuation, they don't become entertaining and popular because they like things. People want to rant. Clue's in their names usually! 'Inquisition' pun, 'Angry' this, 'Angry' that.

Irrelevant

The sentinels are nothing, if anything they should be beefed up (though I prefer them being easily defeatable, otherwise they WOULD get annoying). I've been playing pretty much all day every day since release and only had a few sentinel encounters, that ended in 15 seconds. They're weak, and you don't even have to fight them sometimes - there is the odd building you have to blast the door down to get in, when you start doing this a few sentinels will come. However you can just use your grenades, blast the door down in one shot and enter, crisis averted. But you could just shoot them down in 15 seconds and pick up the loot they drop, it's up to you, you win either way.

They're certainly more varied than, say, GTA's cities. The comparison is hugely uinfair to GTA, in fact. But perhaps they're two different games. GTA concentrates on being a jack of all trades, so it can afford to have all its environments the same (particular GTA V, which is basically one small city and a load of trees and sea). This game concentrates more on one or two things, but its the environments that are varied.

Haha, except GTA has something to actually keep you occupied. Repeated settings and locations aren't bad when there's something else to occupy your time.

If 'GTA in space' was made and the planets were as different as this, there would be universal praise.

Of course. GTA in space would probably have things to do besides mining endlessly.

I think it would depend on how you feel about space games. If you love them, you'll be in awe, sci-fi fans (particularly old school ones) are orgasmic about it. However if you don't much care for space and that, you'd just say "well this place has mountains just like the last one, lame".
    I'm going to ignore most of the post since it's just you being salty and bitter that people actually read my post and didn't ignore it like you hoped. But I'll reply to some points. Cry more.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to ignore most of the post since it's just you being salty and bitter that people actually read my post and didn't ignore it like you hoped. But I'll reply to some points. Cry more.
    You missed out 'troll', 'butthurt' and 'hater'.

This is the forum warrior people have been thinking was simply writing an honest review. People can make their own judgements, but mine is that I ended up reading that opening long post, and in combination with the above quote, I have no further reason or will to read any more from this person.

ReputationRep:
    This the "saltiest and bitterest" reply ever. You haven't hidden it well. Other than the projecting, you spent 15 minutes editing that post presumably through tears.

You've both had your say, keep your stereotypical internet posturing out of it, because right now I know who I'd believe more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    You missed out 'troll', 'butthurt' and 'hater'.

This is the forum warrior people have been thinking was simply writing an honest review. People can make their own judgements, but mine is that I ended up reading that opening long post, and in combination with the above quote, I have no further reason or will to read any more from this person.
    Haha who even are you? Have I done something to piss you this much off in the past?

All I did was write a review criticizing the game and its hollow gameplay and encouraging people to read the reviews on steam, and you come stumbling in moaning about the fact that I made a thread that wasn't focused on praising the game.

ReputationRep:
    Fango, not that I'd read it at this point, but actually replying to his points... actually no, there's nothing more to add... just acknowledging the points rather than getting upset at them, saying you're going to ignore them because they disagree with you, and then attacking the guy's character for this outrage is not going to win people over... All I've seen you do is trash people and say anyone enjoying it is "deluding themselves"... So... how about a little respect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neverdie)
    Fango, not that I'd read it at this point, but actually replying to his points... actually no, there's nothing more to add... just acknowledging the points rather than getting upset at them, saying you're going to ignore them because they disagree with you, and then attacking the guy's character for this outrage is not going to win people over
    I already responded in my quote of his post. I ignored most of the snide comments and sidetracking he did.

I'm not trying to convince people to not buy the game, nor am I going to start pandering to fawning fans who can't accept that someone has posted a negative review of their game. My review is my review.

I never asked for his opinion or input, nor did I want it.

ReputationRep:
    I already responded in my quote of his post. I ignored most of the snide comments and sidetracking he did.

I'm not trying to convince people to not buy the game, nor am I going to start pandering to fawning fans who can't accept that someone has posted a negative review of their game. My review is my review.

I never asked for his opinion or input, nor did I want it.
    So now people aren't allowed to critique what you write on a public forum. You chose to write it here, you wanted the potential attention. If you write something on a public forum then you have to take responsibility for it, and people are allowed to hold whatever opinion they want and certainly are allowed to respond to it properly. If you can't accept that then you shouldn't write at all, no one is going to pander to you either.

The issue doesn't seem to be that it's a negative review, but an inaccurate one, with claims made against your character and motives. Saying "I'm ignoring all your points", hurling some internetisms and insulting everyone who disagrees with you as you've done the past couple of days over a number of threads is not exactly proving his stance wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sketchymofo2)
    nice review.
    yeah i got last minute jitters and refunded just before launch. However after watching launch and how it is now i can say i am glad i did (don't get me wrong parts of it look fun) but if in the future they add more content to the base game that enhance the survival/crafting aspects then i could always look at it again. but £40's a lot for it in its current state. in my opinion.
    You dodged a bullet if you ask me. There are apparently tonnes of missing features from the gameplay videos pre-release (which I really didn't watch much of to be honest). Honestly, it really makes E3 Watch Dogs look good in comparison to the actual game. They've also seem to have done a 180 on their 'no paid dlc stance'. Ugh, if anything, they should in good faith drop the price of the game in half.

It seems that even Indie devs aren't immune from EA practices.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...es_a_big_list/

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 this review gets DoSed

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCG9YLeIB98 - This sums up most of my feelings about the game. It was never going to be good enough considering the level of hype it received. If it'd been priced at £20 however there would be far less of a controversy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCG9YLeIB98 - This sums up most of my feelings about the game. It was never going to be good enough considering the level of hype it received. If it'd been priced at £20 however there would be far less of a controversy
    Lmao I had no idea Sean had lied about the multiplayer so recently as well. I always assumed that was much earlier and they scrapped it.

"And they need to do that because they're very vulnerable, they will be attacked by AI, potentially - very rarely - other players, things like that, if they cross paths with them"

Considering people have already met up in the same spot, that's either A) A load of crap (more likely especially considering the covered up multiplayer sticker) or B) Incredibly poor launch servers.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.