Halls in glamorgan... Watch

Mog
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Well, it might sound petty and stupid, but just remember to clean up after yourself lol. If your out most of the day then people are gonna get annoyed with any cooking stuff you use and don't clean up. It is incredibly petty but actually fairly important.

Well whilst freshers is a brilliant chance for drinking I don't think i actually hang out with anyone i met then lol. But still its a fantastic week lol even if men in wheelchairs steal the girl your dancing with through pitty of disability! Damn him!
Jon_irving
Report 11 years ago
i get brekky in work for free so mess from me in the morning wont be a problem, after your little statement however i may buy a wheelchair so wrong but yet it gave me an ingenious idea :rolleyes:
Mog
Report 11 years ago
Well, don't come looking to me to be nice to you if you are a wheelchair theif man, he was my nemesis for the year!
Jon_irving
Report 11 years ago
shoulda let the air outa his tires while he slept or summin lol this is to sly to put into words but hey if he is gonna fight dirty by steeling the girl then you can fight dirty back no matter how dabillatated he may be!

how much on average did u spend per day of freshers, if you remember that is? just curious to see how much cash im likelly to have to play with for the week.
Mog
Report 11 years ago
I spent £10 on the NUS extra card (makes drinks in the union cheaper) and then it was about £2 or £3 per night to get into the union itself a night. Then cause of the cheapness of the unis drinks range around £1.70 per pint, and not sure how much spirits were, not a big spirits man. The uni shop, is very expensive for anything but alcohol.
Jon_irving
Report 11 years ago
cheers mate ill be on the spirits coz no matter how much i may like beer it gives me hangovers that last for days. judgeing by the cost of a pint im guessing spirits wont be that expensive i think ill budget 50 quid a day to be safe but hopefully ill end up with some leftovers.
Mog
Report 11 years ago
£50 will be more than enough. Spirits arent that much since its a union. Everythings cheaper due to the lack of profit the union wants. Won't be more than £1.50 i expect, Coke is 50p a pint so the dash will barely cost anything
Jon_irving
Report 11 years ago
going to go to a cahs and carry to pick up some drink for the flat on the cheep. im going to try not to spend much money in septermber until freshers week that is and then i get paid again at the end of septembr so then i can sorta figure out how my finances are going to go for october not going to worry too much about it till i get there as i know im financhiallly in a far better situation then most.
Mog
Report 11 years ago
Well looking at the unions lists of events, its fairly disapointing. Nearly exactly the same as last years. Orangotang aren't bad, nothing to shout about really. The school discos fairly disapointing, they have so many of those bloody things, they were crap the 1st time
Jon_irving
Report 11 years ago
yea it didnt look to good to me and i havent heard much good news about them might try and get some guys together and head to cardiff because cardiff can easilly be an awsome night but a bit more expensive. as long as i end up drunk evry night for that week i dont mind how i get there. dont suppose you could tell me if theres much under bed space in the halls and wether they allow the setup of a wireless network in your room?
Mog
Report 11 years ago
The bed has a fairly small space, most of its taken up by drawers. Unless your in the Ghetto, then theres loads of room, different type of bed. The wireless thing I don't know, I don't think they can exactly stop you, they give you warnings when they check your room for inspection (to check you don't have things you aren't supposed to) and they are pretty crap at it to be fair. Last time it was a young girl doing my inspection at 9am and understandably i was rather pissed off and hungover and she didn't even risk comming into my room.
Jon_irving
Report 11 years ago
it just looks like a plugg with a strange looking cable going into it so i dont suppose theyd even realise what it was/ when u say drawers do you meen that as in sueable storrage space? because thats what id want the underbed space for anyway.
figgis86
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Glamorgan Halls are fun, just don't take it too seriously
Rapstu
Report 11 years ago
Hey i applied to slum it in the ghetto for my first year, was just wondering if anyone has herd anything from them with contracts and stuff....
*xyz*
Report 11 years ago
Was your offer unconditional before results day? If so, you should have heard by now. Otherwise, I would say you'll hear within the next few days. I heard pretty quickly after I got my offer (in June), but I applied online rather than waiting for them to send me the application form in the post. If you get a room in halls, you will need to send a £200 deposit within a week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.39%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (118)
40.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise