Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattRD)
    You have a point, but i generally try and live my life in the present , although there are a couple of things in the past which still rile me from time to time.
    Too much living in the past is just plain unhealthy IMO.
    if you wanna ***** about them feel free

Pumpkin - i know what you mean. One of my ex's old bf lived in NZ and still i was worried about him. though maybe that's cause she tried to convince me to move to Australia with her so we could be closer to him...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmilerNuts)

Pumpkin - i know what you mean. One of my ex's old bf lived in NZ and still i was worried about him. though maybe that's cause she tried to convince me to move to Australia with her so we could be closer to him...
    God thats insane! seriously?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy May)
    God thats insane! seriously?!
    Yeah, i wish i was joking lol. I think she had a few screws loose or something...
    Needless to say i'm still here and she's away over there now

ReputationRep:
    not really cos i just think they broke up, whereas we're still going strong. So i must be better! hehe.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, not at all. Especially as my current bf is the ex of one of my best friends (they broke up about a year and half ago though).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    In a relationship you got to trust your boyfriend/girlfriend, if you can't do that then there is no point being in a relationship. If they love you they won't cheat.

ReputationRep:
    try having a boyfriend who has had one girlfriend beforehand that only me her n him know about, they kept it secret. Then try sitting inbetween them in an I.T class and she brings up their past infront of me talking about how good it was etc. being the lame boyfriend i have, he goes along with the conversation because he doesnt know how to say no to someone. grr.

ReputationRep:
    as a guy i know it doesnt bother me that my gf has slept with other men and it doesntbother my gf that i have A slept with other women and B had a lot more sexual partners than her

after three and a half years i think we'd know if it bothered the other at some point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    In a relationship you got to trust your boyfriend/girlfriend, if you can't do that then there is no point being in a relationship. If they love you they won't cheat.
    It's not necessarily about trust though. Worrying about ex's could quite easily be down to insecurity.

To be honest it bothers me a little bit, but I'm well aware how irrational that is.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's ex-girlfriends are exactly that - his ex-girlfriends. There are reasons why he's not with any of them anymore, so why should it p*ss me off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmilerNuts)
    Haha I'd be stupid to do that, even if I wanted to. My ex is one of my current girlfriend's best friends...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopymeg)
    My boyfriend's ex-girlfriends are exactly that - his ex-girlfriends. There are reasons why he's not with any of them anymore, so why should it p*ss me off?
    Yeah but what if the reason was that they dumped him and he still had feelings for them, just hidden? Or that they broke up cause of some personal issue which was then resolved when he was going out with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbdunc)
    Haha I'd be stupid to do that, even if I wanted to. My ex is one of my current girlfriend's best friends...
    Why?!! I would never do that, too many complications

ReputationRep:
    There really aren't... it's fine, unless the girls in question are jealous and irrational.

ReputationRep:
    I like to know about them cause i'm nosey and curious, if the guy i'm seeing turned around and point blank said no he doesnt want to talk about ex's i'd be even more curious.

I dont think theres any problem with talking about ex's it lets you get to know someone better.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I agree. Actually my ex was like that. Which I found suspicious.

ReputationRep:
    Is that why you dumped her?

ReputationRep:
    My ex was a guy... and I didn't dump him, we split up to go to far apart unis...

ReputationRep:
    Oops lol
    Ok, just wondered cause you didn't seem too happy about it

ReputationRep:
    Well it was annoying but hardly a dealbreaker.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.