Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel awkward going gym by myself Watch

ReputationRep:
    Most are in a similar boat at some point. If someone laughs at you either laugh with/back at them or give them a look :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,L,)
    Wow you're old!
    oiii! no rep for you now... :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    I go to the gym pretty much every day, usually quite late/early so can't normally convince anyone else to go. It's better I think to go alone as get less distracted and find people normally don't care about what anyone else, try listening to music it helps zone out a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,L,)
    I started going gym with my weight, I only started 3 weeks and made some good gains but I'm still really week compared to other gym goers
    I'm thinking about going gym myself since my friend is an insomniac
    Does anyone feel awkward going gym alone
    I feel like people will look at me and laugh since I'm a beginner
    Once this guy laughed at me cause my friend was teaching me a workout
    Just stick to going to the gym i made good gains and friends just by meeting people there and working out 2 to 3 times a week. I am a bit like you i like to work out with friends but sometimes ask if you can join in a set with someone at the gym. That's how I still find gym fun, i know it may seem hard to approach people but go for it; not only does it boost your confidence but also you have someone you are doing a workout with and making a new acquaintance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,L,)
    I started going gym with my weight, I only started 3 weeks and made some good gains but I'm still really week compared to other gym goers
    I'm thinking about going gym myself since my friend is an insomniac
    Does anyone feel awkward going gym alone
    I feel like people will look at me and laugh since I'm a beginner
    Once this guy laughed at me cause my friend was teaching me a workout
    I've been to the gym alone for long time, about a year. We were all beginner and I don't think that people laugh at you. They maybe laugh at something else, but you thought so. Be confident, friend.

ReputationRep:
    I went to a gym for 3 years. Never had any problems, but I spent about 100 a year on the membership, and bus fare each time, or a pretty long walk.

I'd say it cost me about £500 over 3 years.

I bought equipment for my house and it's cost me about 250 so far. I've got a squat rack, bench press seat+rack, two bars, a lot of weight, a curling bar, some single hand bars. And I can keep it. It only takes up 1 small room of space.

I can do it whenever I want, it's right there, and it costs me no transport. Don't have to share with anyone or hurry up - the pace is entirelyt mine. Even better, I can eat right afterwards, and do other stuff (like studying, preparing food etc)) during breaks.

ReputationRep:
    Join a 24 hr gym and go at like 2/3 am

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.