78.81%
Bad (25)
21.19%
sugar_cane
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I still think that Snape must be working for himself.
He seems to flit between sides to keep his neck clear and he gets the best of both worlds.
So he's good when he wants to be and evil when he wants to be. But the again, he's evil when he needs to be and good also when he needs to be. Now that definitely didn't make sense!
kitty_koo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ∴ergo∴)
I still think that Snape must be working for himself.
He seems to flit between sides to keep his neck clear and he gets the best of both worlds.
So he's good when he wants to be and evil when he wants to be. But the again, he's evil when he needs to be and good also when he needs to be. Now that definitely didn't make sense!
:laugh: i kinda get and agree with what you saying :p:
sugar_cane
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kitty_koo)
:laugh: i kinda get and agree with what you saying :p:
Phew, so I'm not the only one!
I kinda got the feeling from late in Book 4 to somewhere in Book 5 that Snape's character was just starting to develop. I'd really like to see how she winds it up. Something spectacular for the half blood prince I hope!
Q.E.D
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He's good...Dumbledore said in book 1 that the truth was dangerous, and must be handled with care, and that some questions could not be given adequate answers. I think his reasons for trusting Snape fall into this category. It is easy to see why he had to make sure only he and snape knew, because Voldemort could track Snape to the Order through Leglimency if he were to capture any of them. Therefore the fewer people that knew, the smaller the chance of Snape's double bluff being discovered.
Also, Snape shepherded all the Death Eaters off the tower very quickly after noticing the two brooms...he could have taken Harry there very easily, if I remember correctly he was unarmed, and he was definitely alone. So his letting him escape then makes no sense if he was evil...
But I guess we just have to wait till friday night/saturday!!!
kitty_koo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ∴ergo∴)
Phew, so I'm not the only one!
I kinda got the feeling from late in Book 4 to somewhere in Book 5 that Snape's character was just starting to develop. I'd really like to see how she winds it up. Something spectacular for the half blood prince I hope!
it better be good (and it probably will be) i think when it was said how good Snape was at Occlumency i began to suspect he wasnt good or evil. Oh, and all the hints throughout the books as well as to Snape's loyalty not being clearly set
ferret123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Snape is just bitter therefore nasty on the outside, but he always helps harry so is a softie on the inside :-)
kitty_koo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ferret123)
Snape is just bitter therefore nasty on the outside, but he always helps harry so is a softie on the inside :-)
Snape a softie?! :laugh:
sugar_cane
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ferret123)
Hahah, if only! Can you imagine Snape being a softie? Now that would be one disappointing ending!
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Q.E.D)
He's good...Dumbledore said in book 1 that the truth was dangerous, and must be handled with care, and that some questions could not be given adequate answers. I think his reasons for trusting Snape fall into this category. It is easy to see why he had to make sure only he and snape knew, because Voldemort could track Snape to the Order through Leglimency if he were to capture any of them. Therefore the fewer people that knew, the smaller the chance of Snape's double bluff being discovered.
Also, Snape shepherded all the Death Eaters off the tower very quickly after noticing the two brooms...he could have taken Harry there very easily, if I remember correctly he was unarmed, and he was definitely alone. So his letting him escape then makes no sense if he was evil...
But I guess we just have to wait till friday night/saturday!!!
If your parents were murdered by the most evil person of all time and you found out that the reason they were murdered was because of a teacher of yours, what would you do?
Bubblebee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Snape is evil. Murder is the most evil of acts, so evil it tears the soul apart and there is no way JK will be able to talk it round to him being good now.
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bubblebee)
Snape is evil. Murder is the most evil of acts, so evil it tears the soul apart and there is no way JK will be able to talk it round to him being good now.
Agreed, I don't buy the whole "Dumbledore told him to kill him so it will make it look like he is on their side"
mikeski
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think it would be a good twist though is he was bad because everyone is saying that he's a goody because Dumbledore trusted him. But think what you would be like if you read:

"Snape raised his wand, Harry trembling with fear. Snape takes a gentle, shuddering breath and yells "AVADA KEDAVRA!"

Lol, I was never good at creative wirting :p:
squirrellywrath
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
alan rickman knows already :mad: :p:
kitty_koo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by squirrellywrath)
alan rickman knows already :mad: :p:
alan rickman :love:......
WaW™
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Maybe the way he promised Malfoys mum he promised Dumbledore something- i reiterate my stance which is that Dumby can never be wrong!

I think he may kill Voldermort in the end- possibly and save Harry! looool

What will happen to poor old Malfoy? :p:

I wonder if Hogwarts will re-open and will Harry go back?

yeah i know its the wrong thread but i cannot wait!
scribble_girl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I reckon he really really really wants to be bad... but fundamentally, he's good. And I think he hates it because he views being bad as being strong; he wants to be evil. But try as he might, I don't think he's evil inside.. he's trying so hard to be, but he's not.

I just want to believe the best in him :p:
ferret123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Alan Rickman doesnt come across as evil in the film tho (Umbridge does tho), just a bit of a bitter weirdo lol so if he does turn out to be hardcore evil i just won't be able to believe it in the film or in the book.

He will be the hero of the series. trust me
hang_your_heart
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The thing is, it's just a huge disappointment if Snape turns out to be evil. It oversimplifies the entire book. Most of the main characters can be divided into "good" and "bad". Yes, they all have their minor flaws but in general, they're either light or dark. Snape was the ONE character who was a little different. He wasn't a nice or a kind person, but he was still on the side of the light. And I thought that was important because there are people like that in the world. Just because not everyone would lay down their lives for their friends like Harry does, or aren't really intelligent like Hermione, or trusting like Dumbledore, doesn't mean they're not generally moral people, who will do the right thing when push comes to shove. JKR making Snape evil changes it into - basically, Gryffindors are good, Slytherins are bad and once you've done something wrong there's no chance of redemption. If someone looks nasty they probably condone mass murder.

So that's why I think it's important that Snape's good.
ferret123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^indeed. i'm 99% sure hes a goodie inside. Snape is in a good position tho coz essentially he can pick either side depending which one looks likeliest to win. Look at my countdown below - so close i can smell the binding lol
ferret123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Also, theres no mention of the teachers being in love - they can't have families so its just a bit weird? Maybe Snape has the hots for prof mcgonagol for instance. now that would be scary.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1439)
79.72%
Leave (366)
20.28%

Watched Threads