Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I get my 8 ear old daughter to wear clothes in the house? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfection Ace)
    A 30 year old can't be a student?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Point was that OP is asking for parenting-advice in a student forum. If her question was about how to influence your kid's behaviour using behaviourist theories it would be a different matter?

(Original post by Technetium)
    Operant conditioning? Offer her a sweet or biscuit for every piece of clothing she puts on, soon enough she'll be conditioned to wear clothes in the house.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harold Godwinson)
    Tell her Jimmy Savile is nearby.
    Ahahahahaha omg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasi25)
    Ahahahahaha omg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know right! Just a joke though.

ReputationRep:
    tfw you're 20 and still wear knickers and tops in your family home.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    There are people on here that could answer the question, though why OP chose to sign up to The ****ing Student Room of all places she could have asked this question is a bit strange.

Maybe one of the more intelligent types of troll? If not, just tell her to put them on or she'll have her favourite toy taken away or something.

ReputationRep:
    replace her undies with a more boxer style. Then slowly start to introduce wearing actual shorts over her boxer underwear and then introduce trousers. Or you could try bribing her?

ReputationRep:
    if she has an iPad, iPhone or something that she spends alot of time on, tell her if she doesn't put on some trousers, your gonna take it away.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Technetium)
    Operant conditioning? Offer her a sweet or biscuit for every piece of clothing she puts on, soon enough she'll be conditioned to wear clothes in the house.
    She'll end up looking like the michelin man, and with no teeth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    She'll end up looking like the michelin man, and with no teeth.
    *sugar free sweets and biscuits.

Tell her that all the other kids will laugh at her when you tell them what she does

Works every time

ReputationRep:
    Underwear and a tshirt you say?

*looks down*

Oh.....:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah this is defo more of a mumsnet topic of convo... Ask there next time but for now...

Is she doing it deliberately to annoy you or just because she finds it more comfortable?

If it's just that she finds it more comfortable take her out shopping and buy her some lounge clothes that are light, cool and comfortable

If it's to piss you off then punish her in the same way you normally would when she doesn't do what's she's told.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sophie foster)
    okay this sounds very weird, I am a 30 year mom, I have a 8 year old cdaughter and I am having a lot of trouble with her wearing clothes around the house. She seems to be at the moment intent on wearing only a tee shirt and her knickers which she wears to bed only the, tee shirt is a pj shirt. I know it is the summer months but that is no excuse, I keep asking her to put on some troussers even if they are her pjs, she will not listen to me, she even does it when people come to visit the house, like the other day I had a tv man in and he kept laughing, I cannot literally force her and put them on for her can I, I not sure if this is thye right place to be posting this on, but could someone please offer me some help. how can I make her not walk rounmd in her underwear
    Is there a father figure to help out in this situation? Otherwise you need to take charge and be more firm and assertive. Teach her the rules of the house rather than walk all over you - otherwise that's just going to set a precedence and it will become the norm for your child without a strong parental figure.

ReputationRep:
    Just slap her up, if she refuses to wear clothes. It's as simple as that. This is why the kids of this generation are so ****ed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
    replace her undies with a more boxer style. Then slowly start to introduce wearing actual shorts over her boxer underwear and then introduce trousers. Or you could try bribing her?
    Or she could discipline her the Asian way.

ReputationRep:
    You need to whoop her ass.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just make her wear them, you're the mother ffs have some control over your kid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELVsLP)
    just make her wear them, you're the mother ffs have some control over your kid
    I wonder how she will cope with a teenage daughter if she's struggling now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    I wonder how she will cope with a teenage daughter if she's struggling now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    not well i'm guessing.

"I keep asking her to put on some troussers even if they are her pjs, she will not listen to me..."

she ASKED her child pffft when you ask you are making it optional. and of course if you give them the option they will say no. TELL the child. its her house, should be her rules!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfection Ace)
    A 30 year old can't be a student?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But how are students meant know about this sort of stuff? This site is for students problems etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.