Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What bullying did you suffer at school? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't recall being 'bullied', just being the target of snide comments made by people behind my back. No one said anything directly to me, except a time when I had a falling out with my friends but that was brief.

ReputationRep:
    I was bullied to the point where I was physically and emotionally scared for life turning me into the sociopath I am today. Cross the film Crows Zero with Hannibal and your get the experience I had. I doubt you can get worse than that.

ReputationRep:
    I used to get bullied because of my race and religion constantly all throughout primary school, until I moved away in year 6. It kinda messed me up in terms of my confidence for example for a long long time.

ReputationRep:
    Ginger, academic, well-spoken, intellectually vain, heavily bespectacled and constitutionally incapable of ball-sports: my life was a veritable playground hell from years 3 through 9; albeit one inflicted verbally rather than physically, since I at least had the comparative good fortune to attend excellent schools.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest I experienced very littler 'physical' bullying. If anything most of that came from my close friends lol.

In primary school my experience was horrific, my surname rhymed with gay which got noticed at some point between year 1 and 2 by the older kids. The next 5 years resulted in being forcibly stripped by older kids in the playground while I was in year 1/2, people we belittled for hanging out with me.... it was pretty nasty and quite a lonely time. Weirdly enough when I went to secondary school it completely disappeared overnight.... no idea why, it just did.

ReputationRep:
    Never bullied. I would never let that happen.

ReputationRep:
    Physical and verbal homophobic, although I never actually came out to anyone, they all just assumed.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Experienced all kinds of bullying throughout high school. Books became my escape, and over a decade later I still cherish them to this day.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing major. Few fights in primary and a bit of verbal in year 7. Got him back tho in year 10 when I pinned him on the wall and muay thai'd him in PE :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Not much, until around the age of 17 I was too much of a pussy to piss off the wrong people because I knew I would lose, after that I outgrew most of them and took a couple of chavs before I left.

ReputationRep:
    Mines was mainly verbal.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    some comments like chinky here and then in year 1-2 and some at my current school from lower school but i've grown past the stage of caring.

ReputationRep:
    chinese racism

ReputationRep:
    I was brought up in a children's home in the 50's and 60's. There were loads of us and the kids at school used to torment us, but we just beat the crap out of any of them that even looked at us the wrong way.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently I was too skinny and my hair was too curly for me to be 'cool'.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was mostly through social exclusion, people just decided to be unkind to me for reasons that I've never managed to figure out. There was also some verbal abuse from older students who frankly should have known better than to bully an 11 year old.

I honestly think it still affects me, I spend most of my time on my own and I'm always afraid that people hate me :/

ReputationRep:
    Verbal but I suffered isolation because I was pushed out of everything and I wasn't the good definition of a friend. 😞

ReputationRep:
    I was verbally bullied at school and picked on quite a lot (I have no idea why but this one boy always picked on me even though I was always nice to him)

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if it really classes as bullying but certainly just treating me with little to no respect!
    It was social isolation, I wasn't good enough to be spoke to because I was quiet, obeyed the rules, wanted to do well and do the right thing in school!
    They would ignore my existence and exclude me from everything including practicals where we had to work together... It is was only ever when they needed to copy my homework last minute before we went into class... I can't believe I actually let people treat me this way now!
    They also just talked to me in such a patronising manner like I was lesser than them... It's so frustrating now and it's only now that I have more confidence that I wish I could have just told them exactly what I felt!
    So I don't know, not quite bullying but no fun for me at the time!
    I'm just so glad I'm out of high school and away from those people who thought less of me than the dirt on their shoe!

ReputationRep:
    I was sort of a bystander. But then again when I tried to stand up for the victim I was laughed at so yeah didn't do much about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.