Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    come to think of it - going to a 24 hour supermarket will be a much better bet than a high street retailer like WH Smiths or Waterstones .... Less people are going to que inside a huge supermarket than outside high st stores

ReputationRep:
    I work at a Tesco, last year they predicted a huge crowd for the books at midnight so they got a ton of extra staff and security in (Its an Extra store too, so huge), when the wheeled the books out they wern't exactly met by the big expected crowd, there were around 20 or so people waiting and by about 12.15am the store was empty again.
    Following morning they still had 3 or 4 pallets full of books, peopel where buying it, just not as many as they expected. Don't know if it will be different this year, it being the last one and all but if you go to an Asda or Tesco it won't be as busy as say Waterstones or WHS

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be mental at the town nearest to me! Waterstones and WHSmiths are seriously 2 shops away from each other!! lol! Everyone is milling about in the road and with a nightclub about 1 min walk away it gets really crowded! Plus all the schools finish on Friday so some are wondering straight down after school...

Anyhoo, back to original question, my friends who are going for midnight are leaving at about 4 - though i know some who are just going to Tesco aren't leaving till about 11 and do a shop if there is a line

-x-

ReputationRep:
    I've ordered my online, really can't be bothered to queue up for 3/4/5 hours when I could do so much more in that time!:p:
    About two of my friends are queuing though they reckon they will start at 1730.

ReputationRep:
    My friend's going to the middle of Leeds on Friday morning... I'll meet her there later in the evening We went last time at about six-ish and we were one of the first.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.