CfE Higher Physics 2016/2017

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Well I haven't used either of them a lot yet but by just glancing over I like the Bright Red one a lot more because it's easier for me to understand, personally. I bought both textbooks because it's good to compare what notes each have and if I find something better explained in one I can steal that and if I find a diagram thats better in the other I can steal that. Sometimes the How to Pass books aren't that updated as well because in the National 5 How to Pass book a lot of content from Higher was in it which was weird. The CfE Higher Physics Success Guide is also a great resource and it's by Leckie, so you could give that one a go as well. Usually just buy my textbooks on eBay to save money.

National 5 went amazing. I was one mark away from an A which was really annoying. I got 20/20 on my assignment which I'm really pleased with. What about you?
    20/20 WHATTT WOOW, that's awesome !!!! One mark off an A, wow

I got a b3 Soo happy with the result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethan100)
    20/20 WHATTT WOOW, that's awesome !!!! One mark off an A, wow

I got a b3 Soo happy with the result.
    That's really good and I knew you would get a B for sure at least because we worked so hard together lol. I swear I was on TSR the whole day everyday until the exam on the physics thread and I'm sure this year it will be the same. Well done! Do you know your assignment mark? X

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone able to send me some of their school notes on the first unit, Don't really understand what I was given, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone able to send me some of their school notes on the first unit, Don't really understand what I was given, thanks
    Sorry I threw mines away after the exam. Wish I had kept them they would have probably came in handy for advanced higher at one point. What's wrong that you can't understand the notes you have the now ? Maybe I can help in some way.

Also scholar and the how to pass book are good, I would highly recommend them for revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey Ethan whats the unit called that you need? I'll send you some pics across. X

ReputationRep:
    Hey Ethan whats the unit called that you need? I'll send you some pics across. X
    Our Dynamic Universe, Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    Sorry I threw mines away after the exam. Wish I had kept them they would have probably came in handy for advanced higher at one point. What's wrong that you can't understand the notes you have the now ? Maybe I can help in some way.

Also scholar and the how to pass book are good, I would highly recommend them for revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yeah, I might look at the scholar notes, Thanks Ross

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I might look at the scholar notes, Thanks Ross
    Np.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ur hot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friendly Forever)
    Oh great barrier reef, my higher physics exam is on my birthday! :eek:
    Lord, why me?
    *dies*
    Higher Chemistry was on my birthday this year. Due to breaking my wrist just before my highers, the exam was 3 hours and 45 minutes! :eek: Just remember, the exam is only 2 hours and a half so you can take the rest of the day off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BVB09AubaXVII)
    Higher Chemistry was on my birthday this year. Due to breaking my wrist just before my highers, the exam was 3 hours and 45 minutes! :eek: Just remember, the exam is only 2 hours and a half so you can take the rest of the day off.
    That's nightmarish! Physics and chemistry make me want to rip my hair out... I should consider that it is only less than three hours, but I'm a wreck before and during exams. I just want to do well for myself... genuinely don't know how this will turn out.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_8785.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  497.6 KB

Hey guys. Hope everyone is well and they are enjoying the course. I would really appreciate if somebody could talk me through how to do question 4 (attached) - as I am struggling with Relativity and I have a NAB next week so want to get on top of calculations.Thanks everybody!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_8785.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  497.6 KB

Hey guys. Hope everyone is well and they are enjoying the course. I would really appreciate if somebody could talk me through how to do question 4 (attached) - as I am struggling with Relativity and I have a NAB next week so want to get on top of calculations.Thanks everybody!
    Part (a) you have to use hubbles constant in the formula V=HoD. Remember that you use the distance from Earth as that's what it's asking for in the question and also remember to convert light years to metres.

Part (b) simple DVT equation.

Part (c) Time dilation formula where you have to calculate T and T' is calculated in part (b).

Hope this helped, if you still don't understand anything don't hesitate to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Part (a) you have to use hubbles constant in the formula V=HoD. Remember that you use the distance from Earth as that's what it's asking for in the question and also remember to convert light years to metres.

Part (c) Time dilation formula where you have to calculate T and T' is calculated in part (b).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey Ross, I had my NAB today, I just want to say thanks for all the help as it was very helpful !

ReputationRep:
    Hey Ross, I had my NAB today, I just want to say thanks for all the help as it was very helpful !
    No problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey. Thanks for your help. I figured out the correct method to question 4a which is actually using the length contraction formula and rearranging it. For 4b I just used the normal D=Vt formula and for 4c i used the time dilation formula and got the correct answers

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How did u manage to pass higher physics dishing out wrong answers FS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadboiQ)
    How did u manage to pass higher physics dishing out wrong answers FS

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A genuinely dunno mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey. Thanks for your help. I figured out the correct method to question 4a which is actually using the length contraction formula and rearranging it. For 4b I just used the normal D=Vt formula and for 4c i used the time dilation formula and got the correct answers
    Yeah for part a the length contraction equation seems right, I should have clicked on that. At Least I knew the right method for part b and c.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone able to show me their unit 1 notes they have been given from their school ??

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 14, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.