Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So which one of those was your Tahir guy? Mine is very nice, but I don't think we are going quikc enough.

ReputationRep:
    Oh he's the current guy which is doing quite good. How many lessons have you taken?

ReputationRep:
    Hes not my guy. Ive had about 15 thus far. But We haven't even gotten into 3rd gear yet.

ReputationRep:
    Instructor: "Slow down, slow dow, SLOWN DOWN!"
    Me *going literally one mile an hour by this point and panicking*: "Oh my God, what did I do? What was I doing?!"
    Instructor: "That woman whos jogging has got really bouncy boobs, bouncy bouncy bouncy....carry on!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnkuk)
    Hes not my guy. Ive had about 15 thus far. But We haven't even gotten into 3rd gear yet.
    omg wtf, why?!! I drive on dual carriageways and through roundabouts and everything! Has he taught you any manoueveres yet or not? Well, maybe he's after your money or you might be a slow learner or something... Why don't you ask him why everything's going so slow..?

Do you drive around Wanstead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by he_is_innocent)
    Me *going literally one mile an hour by this point and panicking*: "Oh my God, what did I do? What was I doing?!"
    Instructor: "That woman whos jogging has got really bouncy boobs, bouncy bouncy bouncy....carry on!"
    lolololololollloololollollllllll lllllllllll

ur gonna have fun with this guy i'm pretty sure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknown2693)
    omg wtf, why?!! I drive on dual carriageways and through roundabouts and everything! Has he taught you any manoueveres yet or not? Well, maybe he's after your money or you might be a slow learner or something... Why don't you ask him why everything's going so slow..?

Do you drive around Wanstead?
    No, I dont live near there. Its quite far from me. We have done manouevers. Maybe I need to switch to your Tahir..... :P

(Original post by wesetters)
    Her dad was really ill, and she was worried she'd suddenly have to disappear for him when I had my test...so I did my last few lessons and test with someone else
    awwww right
    (Original post by he_is_innocent)
    :rolleyes:
    :laugh: but :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    Mine was a bloody pervert- He was called joe, and quite possibly the Ugliest man you have ever seen. He looked exactly like Plug (I think thats his name) from the beano. He had the teeth and eveything.

One time, on my first ever driving lesson on a dual carriageway he randomly said out of nowhere 'So do you like sex then'
    And I was like what the ****?
    At the time I had literally just turned 17 aswell, it was about a week after my birthday.

Another time he said to me as I was driving 'Do you mind if I touch your leg?'

I always used to have 3 hour lessons aswell (as I was doing a driving course) and he always used to take me to this foresty place in epping forest that is well known for dogging! Its actually quite scary thinking back what a weirdo he was. When we got there he was always trying to buy me drinks and burgers from the burger van there too.

Weird.
    Bleurgh. Mine once asked me if i had any fetishes before going on to tell me he liked to be rubbed down by baby oil before a good shag. Eww :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~x~FairyDust~x~)
    Bleurgh. Mine once asked me if i had any fetishes before going on to tell me he liked to be rubbed down by baby oil before a good shag. Eww :eek:
    So glad my instructor is female

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknown2693)
    lolololololollloololollollllllll lllllllllll

ur gonna have fun with this gu y i'm pretty sure...
    I've passed now, and he left before I did but he was brilliant!! Many a time he would swear at people out the window and yell at them then tell me that it's fine, it'll be blamed on another driver from the same company who taught in that area because he doesn't usually come here!!

ReputationRep:
    Can I use this post to rant about my soon to be ex-driving instructor?

He has an inability to turn up to a lesson on time, seems to think it is acceptable to book me in for a certain time and then turn up a little bit later because he’s either got to many learners on his books or because he thinks that level of service is acceptable!

Lesson 1 – Fine learning the basics
    Lesson 2 – Phones to say that he was ill….
    Lesson 3 – Turns up 10 minutes late because he is stuck in traffic….
    Lesson 4 - Half and hour late – mutters some medical appointment excuse…. Now surely he realized he had a medical appointment when he booked my lesson – I could have had a later lesson….
    Lesson 5 - Turns up on time!
    Lesson 6 - Half and hour late because he is doing another lesson…

As I was silly enough to block book to get a discount I suppose its all my fault. As for the lessons there not that bad, he can be a little critical I suppose but I think I’m making progress. He’s clearly after my money – I need to make my excuses and run!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    Mine was a bloody pervert- He was called joe, and quite possibly the Ugliest man you have ever seen. He looked exactly like Plug (I think thats his name) from the beano. He had the teeth and eveything.

One time, on my first ever driving lesson on a dual carriageway he randomly said out of nowhere 'So do you like sex then'
    And I was like what the ****?
    At the time I had literally just turned 17 aswell, it was about a week after my birthday.

Another time he said to me as I was driving 'Do you mind if I touch your leg?'

I always used to have 3 hour lessons aswell (as I was doing a driving course) and he always used to take me to this foresty place in epping forest that is well known for dogging! Its actually quite scary thinking back what a weirdo he was. When we got there he was always trying to buy me drinks and burgers from the burger van there too.

Weird.

Erm...wow. Did he work for a larger company or was he independent? I'd have ended up reporting him if that was me :shock:

ReputationRep:
    My driving instructor was annoying and kept randomly elbowing me which i think was supposed to be his way of encouraging me?!

My clutch stopped working in the middle of one lesson and i had to hitchhike in a fellow learner's car lol quite funny actually. Didnt even get a partial refund :-0

Another time, a motorbike didnt stop at a corner and went right in front of me and crashed into a hedge - a second later and i would have crashed into him..scary

Another time, my driving instructor had a swearing argument with someone through a window coz the guy in his house starting telling us to f off off his road !

And he always made me go to his house so he could go to the toilet.

Another time he told me to take the 3rd exit off a roundabout so i did and he was like 'what did you do that for? i told you to take the 3rd exit' and i was like 'i did' but he didnt accept it, so he told me to take the 3rd exit this time (we did the same roundabout), so i went round it counting and the exit i went off before was the 3rd and had to turn off at late notice when he said 'what are you doing? This is the 3rd exit!' Grrr. Still don't know what he was on about. what a weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    Ok my first driving instructor was called Sheila, she was quite nice and talkative but was always telling me to put my foot down :rolleyes: I basically learnt with her because i had finished uni but wasn't moving home for ages, i had 10 lessons with her. She was expensive though at £21 an hour

Second and current driving instructor is called Diane. She is brilliant, keeps telling me i'm a good little driver. Sometimes tells me to put my foot down but meh! Had 3 lessons with her so far and she's got me onto my left reverse and has told me to book my test.

Also she was lovely today when i stopped at a roundabout because i couldn't go and some idiot behind decided he wasn't going to stop and went straight into the back of us. My head hurts a lot, but her car hardly had a scratch on it.

ReputationRep:
    Mine treats me more as a best mate. He insists we go to McDonalds and KFC, then make up the time at the end. Once the lesson overran and I had to sit in at a prayer at his mosque.

ReputationRep:
    My instructors called Tahier as well :0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spiffy)
    Erm...wow. Did he work for a larger company or was he independent? I'd have ended up reporting him if that was me :shock:
    Im not actually sure, I was doing a driving course through a local company who I presume he worked for although I think he took private bookings also as he told me to recommend him to friends and gave me his number

I would have reported him, but I was 17 and desperate to pass my driving test. It was only a 2 week course I decided id rather put up with the remarks for 2 weeks, get my licence and never have to see him again rather than tell my parents, have them go nuts, pull me off the course, have to book another one with another company and wait months for another test to be arranged.

Thankfully it all worked out in the end

ReputationRep:
    Im enjoying this thread. Im yet to start driving, but my friends instructor used to buy her Red Bull to keep her going on 2 hour lessons and bought her a box of chocolate when she passed her test.

ReputationRep:
    Eek, there are some pervy driving instructors about! I ditched the first one because, as well as being crap, he was really quite scary...I got a bit panicky after I accidentally went through a red light so he was like 'Don't worry, calm down' and grabbed my leg and kept his hand there for what seemed like ages! I was like, wtf dude?! He also made me pull over into this little secluded place when I was miles from home and had no idea where we were, and I was so freaking terrified, I was sweating like mad thinking of a way to escape lol! There's something to be said for having a female instructor, I wish I'd got a woman in the first place!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.