Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My windows phone is a piece of ****!! Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by cucumberhater)
    Really?!! Wow... I always think "How come Windows phone isn't that popular?? :/ " to myself.
    Because they're terrible for so many reasons. And a lot of it roots back to Microsoft doing a really half assed job. They wanted to compete against Android and iOS. That was never going to happen. They have a small portion of the market and nobody will support them because it isn't cost effective. They tried to enter an existing market where Android and iOS are already huge players. Nobody was interested and the entire concept flopped. I could make a huge list of reasons why Windows phones can't stand up to Android or iOS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    That's fair enough. Not really an awful lot anyone can do about it then. I always wonder why people make threads like this though. Like what are you trying to achieve? Genuine question there.
    To vent and release my frustration.

You can get a decent S4 on ebay but its refurbished but just be careful about who you buy it off.

Sorry about your S4, i feel you.

ReputationRep:
    I had a Nokia Lumia and it broke after 6 months. I got it on a contract so I bought a cheap Android phone to put my sim card in. It's a Huawei Y3 and it was only £35. It has a decent camera, 4G and all the apps and games I downloaded work on it fine. You don't need to spend a lot of money on a phone for it to be good. It's a lot better than the Lumia I had. I'm never buying a Nokia ever again. I've had 3 phones and all have broken after less than a year due to software issues. Yet I've had several other makes of phones and never had a problem with them. Even my old Motorola that had a black and green screen, no apps, no internet and no camera was better than my Windows phone. At least I could call and text on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Because they're terrible for so many reasons. And a lot of it roots back to Microsoft doing a really half assed job. They wanted to compete against Android and iOS. That was never going to happen. They have a small portion of the market and nobody will support them because it isn't cost effective. They tried to enter an existing market where Android and iOS are already huge players. Nobody was interested and the entire concept flopped. I could make a huge list of reasons why Windows phones can't stand up to Android or iOS.
    Yeah, I've actually played around w a Windows phone myself (it was someone else's phone). For me, it seems claustraphobic. I can't do much w it, in terms of interacting compared to my Galaxy S7. Do you think Blackberry is crap too?? I mean Apple and Android are the most popular right now. I feel like everyone is over the Blackberry phase. It was good for young teens when it first came out.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by cucumberhater)
    Yeah, I've actually played around w a Windows phone myself (it was someone else's phone). For me, it seems claustraphobic. I can't do much w it, in terms of interacting compared to my Galaxy S7. Do you think Blackberry is crap too?? I mean Apple and Android are the most popular right now. I feel like everyone is over the Blackberry phase. It was good for young teens when it first came out.
    Blackberry still have their place but they're not nearly as common as Android or iOS devices. I don't know if it still holds true but Blackberry were super popular in business due to their security and use. Physical keyboards helped a lot of people too. I think Blackberry are a niche more than being crap. They're not for most people but they work great for some people. They're not trying to be a direct competitive to Android or iOS though, unlike Windows.

ReputationRep:
    Please buy an android phone. That is better for you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.