Turn on thread page Beta

I dont want a happy ending! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    well i heard today that Childline have warned parents that kids could suffer from depression after the book due to the possible sad even devastating ending!

Sky News

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god! Is it me or is that going a bit too far?

ReputationRep:
    Well, what in the world could be more distressing than Harry Potter, a fictional series about a boy who does magic?????

Ignoring earthquakes, tsunamis, suicides, dysfunctional families and abuse...
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So what are your thoughts now? I sound cruel, but besides Dobby and Fred (I loved him ) there were not gutwrenching tragedies for me. And that epilogue probably left everyone thinking of sunshine and roses (naming his kid " Albus Severus" - come off it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Katie*)
    So what are your thoughts now? I sound cruel, but besides Dobby and Fred (I loved him ) there were not gutwrenching tragedies for me. And that epilogue probably left everyone thinking of sunshine and roses (naming his kid " Albus Severus" - come off it).
    I heard about "Albus Severus" when the book was leaked and thought it was a ridiculously corny fanfic-ish spoiler which couldn't possibly be true. How wrong I was.

ReputationRep:
    The ending was fine, it just needed a better epilogue. I want to hear what happened in the months after the battle and what directions people took their lives, i.e did Harry ever become an auror like he wanted? what did Ron and Hermione choose to do with the rest of their lives? What happened to the Weasleys? Who started working at Hogwarts? Did they ever get a Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher that lasted more than a year? What happened to Luna?

Instead all we get was a tiny bit about how so and so were married and had kids with stupid names.

I'd much rather have had an epilogue set 6 months later than 19 years later.

ReputationRep:
    ^ I agree. The epilogue was all rather too 'they all lived happily ever after' with no real substance, plus the characters all still talked as if they were still 17. I wanted to read about the following days and weeks, not some silly meeting at King's Cross with lots of kids and silly names!

ReputationRep:
    The epilogue - way too gushy for me!! I thought one of the major three characters was going to die...*sighs* but I suppose it is a children's book...

A bit disappointed on how it was rushed at the end. I think she could have elaborated a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    I think i might have needed the helpline to contain my frustration at the appalling epilogue

ReputationRep:
    The ending was too happy and soppy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q.E.D)
    I think i might have needed the helpline to contain my frustration at the appalling epilogue
    :ditto: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q.E.D)
    Anyone have the number???

I still can't get over that god-awful epilogue, the next time I read the book I think Ill miss that last bit out. It ruined it for me personally, it ruined the ending.

I expected the epilogue to tell us about the funerals, the aftermath of the war, how balance was (or wasnt?) restored to the wizarding world, did the trio go back to Hogwarts? What happened ater that?
    There was so much more I wanted to know than the crappy names of the OBHWF. It read like a very VERY poorly written fanfiction.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.