Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charters)
    Minding my own business walking to a friends down Ken High street, pikeys start walking towards me, I look- think in head "oh look pikeys walking towards me...." and carry on walking. They stop I carry on and there it goes a big piece of gob lands SPLAT right on the back of my head....
    Dirty Commoners!
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonas123)
    Watch Snatch..
    have it on DVD ... rented it a few days ago ... never got around to watching it ..

ReputationRep:
    Minding my own business walking to a friends down Ken High street, pikeys start walking towards me, I look- think in head "oh look pikeys walking towards me...." and carry on walking. They stop I carry on and there it goes a big piece of gob lands SPLAT right on the back of my head....
    Dirty Commoners!
    If you had your head turned, it could just have been a pigeon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    have it on DVD ... rented it a few days ago ... never got around to watching it ..
    ah you gotta watch, it's a classic!

ReputationRep:
    sorry to sound stupid ... but what are pikeys ? :confused:
    Some people call them chavs, townies, charvas, neds, kevs, etc, but the general London slang term is pikey.

Technically it's a (somewhat derogatory) term for a 'traveller of Irish heretige'. Something to do with turnpikes in the roads.

Ah so it was one of your "kind". Me, a toff, now where did you get that idea?
    My kind, hmm? Well, I am council estate scum and my family is from that area (the *****er bits, obviously). But my lot is far too nice to be one of them. Plus we live in houses, not caravans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    lol
    Oh shush! lol. I was actually quite worried they were going to nick my hockey stuff..... So I kinda had to just keep walking with this big bit of spit on my head! This isn't the first time it has happened either one guy spat on me and then called ME a tramp :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d750)
    If you had your head turned, it could just have been a pigeon.
    i wouldnt really wanna chck if it was spit or avian feces if a wet thing landed at the back of my head ,id be more worried about getting it off and hoping no one noticed

ReputationRep:
    i command you to watch it right now. it is pure class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    Some people call them chavs, townies, charvas, neds, kevs, etc, but the general London slang term is pikey.

Technically it's a (somewhat derogatory) term for a 'traveller of Irish heretige'. Something to do with turnpikes in the roads.

My kind, hmm? Well, I am council estate scum and my family is from that area (the *****er bits, obviously). But my lot is far too nice to be one of them. Plus we live in homes, not caravans.
    "Irish heritige"???
    I thought it refered to Romanic travellers - ie gypsies

Stupid people amuse me when they're being stupid, ha. I don't think i've ever been spat on which probably means i haven't, but people of that type have tried pushing me with their shoulder as i walk past, it's really very traumatic.

PS - Due to my day away from UKL i've forgotten how to type properly! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Just a random pikey/chav/kev related thought.. there are so many names for them, but what do they call people who aren't kevs/whatever? I've been called "grungie" a few times, even though I'm obviously not one :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Oh shush! lol. I was actually quite worried they were going to nick my hockey stuff..... So I kinda had to just keep walking with this big bit of spit on my head! This isn't the first time it has happened either one guy spat on me and then called ME a tramp :rolleyes:
    It wasn't the first time, yet the thread is entitled a 'new' experience? :confused: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonas123)
    ah you gotta watch, it's a classic!
    is it sumthign like lock stock and two smoking barrels ? ... i loved tht movie ....

ive only realy lwatched two british movies before , lock stock and trainspotting ....

i hated the other one ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    "Irish heritige"???
    I thought it refered to Romanic travellers - ie gypsies
    Nah, they're Roma gypsies. You get gypsies from lots of different regions. Pikeys are Irish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    It wasn't the first time, yet the thread is entitled a 'new' experience? :confused: :rolleyes:
    lol thats true.....a new experience from my day :rolleyes: I wasn't exactly going to own up to it twice.....although I just did :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Just a random pikey/chav/kev related thought.. there are so many names for them, but what do they call people who aren't kevs/whatever? I've been called "grungie" a few times, even though I'm obviously not one :confused:
    why does everything have to have its own box? cant we all just be alive and or dead and box free?

ReputationRep:
    didnt you have any big, hench 'rugger' friends with you (fnar fnar) ?

werent you carrying hard hockey sticks?

werent you in the middle of a place where people would probably come and help you out?

why did you not do something?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    'Goffick' usually. I was wearing flowery earrings and blue mascara last time it was shouted. Weird.

Although a 10 year old once shouted "Oi, it's 'Arry Potter's bird!" as I walked past during my blue/black hair period. I thought that was great. He'd actually thought about the insult. I had a degree of respect for the wee thing there.

ReputationRep:
    Little Britain's Vicky Pollard is a particularly good representation of Manchester townies. Even down to the pink Kappa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    didnt you have any big, hench 'rugger' friends with you (fnar fnar) ?

werent you carrying hard hockey sticks?

werent you in the middle of a place where people would probably come and help you out?

why did you not do something?!
    No I was walking to my hench "rugger" friends....
    Yes, I had five....
    I was walking down Ken High at about 10 o'clock this morning....but to be honest I woulnd't of helped me either, I have to admit I did look like a posh prat...!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.