Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you will be able to find some good people to hang out with!! Clubs aren't super important, there will be tons of fun stuff to do. I wouldn't worry too much. Good luck !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shann199730)
    I'm due to start uni next month and I feel like I'll miss out because I'm not going to freshers 😕 It's due to the fact I'm deaf and wear 2 hearing aids and I can only hear vibrations if I take them out I can't hear
    You definitely won't miss out on making friends and meeting new people. Just join societies which interest you and talk to people in your lectures or in your halls and be friendly and approachable. Sure you might miss out on a lot of getting drunk in the first 2 weeks of uni, but if you think about it, you probably won't be meeting your friends for life at moshpit like club full of drunk sweaty horny teenagers dancing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.