The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:s-smilie:? Squash has hardly any sugar in it - fruit juice on the other hand is ****ing choc-a-bloc with the stuff. A 250ml glass has like 33% of your RDA of sugar.
Reply 21
fuit juice/sqaush the same?
Isn't squash like robinsons fruit and barley? fruit juice from concentrate?
Reply 23
robinsons is from concentrate isnt it?
Thud
omg! sugar! think of the teeth! won't someone please think of the teeth!!!

i have perfect teeth, i've drunk a ****load of ribena every single day for many years: no fillings, no braces, nothing, just perfect. don't be such a bunch of wusses.

but your a pefect human specimen...

back to the original question - i wouldnt count it as part fo your 'allowance'.
Reply 25
Clubber Lang
back to the original question - i wouldnt count it as part fo your 'allowance'.

Why ever not? It's just flavored water = water

generally when they recommend 8 glasses that includes any source, vegetables, squash.
I drink so much squash, all suger free mind.

I have a 750ml sports flask, i usually fill it up once every hour and half, two hours.

Ive never considered it part of my water intake, even though thinking about it, it is really, imo, which is grand, because im always thinking "i need to drink more water" but i dont really like the taste unless its flavoured.
I thought 'pure' fruit juice had more sugar in it than squash anyways. I seem to remember reading you should really only count fruit juice as one of your 5 fruit/veg because its really sugary.

Plus I think tea has more caffeine in it than coffee, AverageGuyOnTheStreet :s-smilie:

EDIT: Ah no my mistake, apparently that last one's a common myth. Dry tea has more caffeine than dry coffee, but once prepared, coffee has more. But still tea is by no means low on the stuff.
Yes, it's fine. Even full-sugar squash contains far less sugar than coke/fruit juice etc, given that you dilute it.
gl1tche
if im told to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day, would 6-8 glasses of squash (orange concetrate + water) count, or is there something ive not looked at? thanks alot!!!

It's a lot better on diet coke which is all I can drink.....
Reply 30
Clubber Lang
but your a pefect human specimen...

sounds about right.
Reply 31
It must count. I vividly remember a Robinson's ad with a woman talking about "8 glasses of water?! that's an awful lot...make it easier with Robinson's" or something to that effect.
All drinks, including alcoholic drinks (i.e. not shots but wine/beer etc.) contribute to your daily water intake. As does what you eat. Lots of water in everything you eat.
Just because it also has crap in it doesn't mean it doesn't still count towards your 6-8 a day.
And to be quite honest, sod drinking 6-8 a day drink as much as you feel like drinking. If your thirsty, me thinks your body will tell you. If your not thirsty and your still drinking constantly it ain't so good.
Reply 33
beer dehyrdrates you doesnt it? Hangover = chiefly dehydration? You're technically taking on liquid, but its not as if its hydrating you.
Reply 34
Spike4848
All drinks, including alcoholic drinks (i.e. not shots but wine/beer etc.) contribute to your daily water intake. As does what you eat. Lots of water in everything you eat.
Just because it also has crap in it doesn't mean it doesn't still count towards your 6-8 a day.
And to be quite honest, sod drinking 6-8 a day drink as much as you feel like drinking. If your thirsty, me thinks your body will tell you. If your not thirsty and your still drinking constantly it ain't so good.

No, some drinks like tea and coffee are diuretics and use up water in your body.
Reply 35
moniker
No, some drinks like tea and coffee are diuretics and use up water in your body.

Oh shush:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_living/nutrition/drinks_caff.shtml
Tea

An estimated 196,000,000 cups of tea are drunk every day in the UK, and it's thought the average person in the UK will consume 80,000 cups of tea during their life. These figures are pretty spectacular, so what can tea do for us?

Tea does contribute slightly to our intakes of minerals, and it certainly helps to replace lost fluids, but the health interest in tea at the moment surrounds its potential role in lowering the risk of coronary heart disease and some cancers.

Tea contains antioxidant substances called flavonoids. These have been shown to help slow or inhibit the chemical reactions thought to take place during the development of coronary heart disease. So sup up.
Reply 36
Well. OK then.
That website about tea makes me feel good. I love tea.

:tea: :tea: :tea: ftw!
Reply 38
Beer contains water, but it also contains alcohol, so It can do both, I'm not really sure to be honest! :smile:

But yeah, you look how much sugar a smoothie has, and compare it with squash, squash has far less :smile: You got natural sugars in fruit, remember!
Reply 39
Squash has 0.5 grand of sugar per serving, 1 at the worst, at least in U.K. That's the situation

Latest