Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabruq)
    No, I haven't haha so you're not alone there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Phew was worried I'd missed something! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Got an email with this page and it talks about enrollment? http://www.applicant.sgul.ac.uk/unde...pplicants-2016

It doesn't say when it is though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanessa53)
    Probably, do you know when we can apply for it?

Also, is anyone going to commute from home or going to live off campus? So far I haven't met anyone who seems to be doing this...
    I've been trying to look into the bursaries but they don't have much information on the website and it says that you can't apply but that the university will choose themselves who will get it. I'm going to be communing to Tooting as well. It's an hour long journey for me.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if we have to post the student entry information form or hand it in directly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannaaJackson)
    I'm living off campus unless anything changes. Are you staying at home?
    Yeah I'll be living at home

(Original post by ratsgosqueak)
    I've been trying to look into the bursaries but they don't have much information on the website and it says that you can't apply but that the university will choose themselves who will get it. I'm going to be communing to Tooting as well. It's an hour long journey for me.
    Thanks! Hmm I wonder what their selection criteria are... Also what course are you going to study?

ReputationRep:
    Who is at Horton Halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PharaohFromSpace)
    Who is at Horton Halls?
    Me! 🙋

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RS6)
    Me! 🙋

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanessa53)
    Thanks! Hmm I wonder what their selection criteria are... Also what course are you going to study?
    I'm not sure about the criteria myself. I'm doing Biomed. And you?

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys bought the Fresher's wristbands or waiting to get them at a later stage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RS6)
    Have you guys bought the Fresher's wristbands or waiting to get them at a later stage?
    Guess no one got them......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ratsgosqueak)
    I'm not sure about the criteria myself. I'm doing Biomed. And you?
    Wooo:woo:Also doing Biomed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RS6)
    btw I just got the email about the wristbands

Don't know which one to go for though.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PharaohFromSpace)
    btw I just got the email about the wristbands

Don't know which one to go for though.......
    I got the £35 one. I didn't know which one to go for either but oh well

ReputationRep:
    Saaameee £35 one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would it be unwise for me to miss the freshers events? I'm living at home in London as well so might be a bit difficult to make friends after

Not really into this drinking stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samcro7)
    Would it be unwise for me to miss the freshers events? I'm living at home in London as well so might be a bit difficult to make friends after

I'm not really into drinking either, but I think you would be missing a huge opportunity to meet people and all that. I say go, and if they're bad or you're just not enjoying yourself, then thats that. You've got nothing to lose basically?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Plus they're probably going to be very fun, have a shot at it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RS6)
    I got the £35 one. I didn't know which one to go for either but oh well
    Will probably end up going for that.

ReputationRep:

Same here! I'm living at home, and not planning on going to any events that involve drinking etc... I guess I'll try and make friends with people that I meet during lectures, societies and clubs.

Just see what you're more comfortable with..who knows you might end up enjoying yourself? If not you can always leave early
    On a side note: Don't worry too much about making friends! I know a few people who ended up making really good friends in their 3rd week of uni. Also, I'm sure that there are loads of people in the same situation as you.

Btw what course are you studying?

ReputationRep:

I don't drink either so won't be going to events involving drinking. Seeing that there will be other people like you who won't be drinking (e.g. the 3 people who replied to you ) you could hang out with them and perhaps even make great friends. So you shouldn't miss out on the chance of meeting new people and you only get to be a fresher once so why not make the most of it
    Also, there are many events for those who don't drink during the day which we will be told about once we get there as it said in one of the documents they sent us so I wouldn't worry too much as you will end up meeting people there one way or another!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.