Advanced Higher Biology 2016/17

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yammy)
    Subbed too
    Yooo Yammy! How did you do in Bio man? I got a B!

(Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Sorry for some reason I didnt get a notification for this haha!

Im finding it great. We just finished parthenogenesis and are going onto Meiosis which is a bit confusing for me but I'm getting there, I find youtube helps a lot in topics like those. Im looking forward to the animal side of it too. What are you doing in the course right now? X
    Bozeman Science (my fav) and Khan acadamy have great youtube videos on Ah Bio topics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zain-A)

Bozeman Science (my fav) and Khan acadamy have great youtube videos on Ah Bio topics!
    Congratulations on the B. I love Bozeman Science lol, been watching him a lot lately and it's definitely helping. X

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my project on the effect of temperature on catechol oxidase activity in apples - i might change temperature to age (ripeness) but i'm not sure yet.
    If I was an enzyme, I would be DNA helicase, so I could unzip your jeans

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadboiQ)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else teaching themselves advanced higher biology? Any resources or help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IslaLJones)
    Anyone else teaching themselves advanced higher biology? Any resources or help would be appreciated
    Have you got access to scholar? If not, They also have textbooks you can buy. The brightred textbook is coming out in September sometime I think

ReputationRep:
    Have you got access to scholar? If not, They also have textbooks you can buy. The brightred textbook is coming out in September sometime I think
    Yes I have the 3 scholar books, thank you! I'll search for that textbook then, thanks

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahha ha I think I just pissed ma self looolz, your profile pic made it even more funnier for some reason hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .....Jeff458)
    Ahahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahha ha I think I just pissed ma self looolz, your profile pic made it even more funnier for some reason hahaha
    Is it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .....Jeff458)
    Right calm doon

ReputationRep:
    Cool, I am gonna go into my school sometime this coming week to find out my mark on it so will tell you if it was good or not!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:

Heyy zain, got an A somehow. Did you ask for remark? One of my friend got boosted from a B to A! But I assume you met the uni offer anyway

Also Bozeman science -.-his videos looks so boring though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yammy)
    Heyy zain, got an A somehow. Did you ask for remark? One of my friend got boosted from a B to A! But I assume you met the uni offer anyway

Also Bozeman science -.-his videos looks so boring though
    Nah, I went in yesterday and somehow my project was actually marked a 15/30, pretty angry and so are both my teachers but they requested a remark and got denied.

I dont mind though since I met my condtions anyway! Nice job on the A tho!!!

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I went in yesterday and somehow my project was actually marked a 15/30, pretty angry and so are both my teachers but they requested a remark and got denied.

I dont mind though since I met my condtions anyway! Nice job on the A tho!!!
    Denied, was it because it was too late? Yeah oh well :/

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ur so hot, u denature my enzymes :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asklepios)
    ur so hot, u denature my enzymes :sexface:
    That's a good one.

ReputationRep:
    That's a good one.
    You must be the beta and gamma secretase mediated cleavage of amyloid-precursor protein, coz you're making me forget my name

ReputationRep:
    That's a good one.
    U can be the enzyme and I'll be your substrate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asklepios)
    You must be the beta and gamma secretase mediated cleavage of amyloid-precursor protein, coz you're making me forget my name
    Your dad is a beta male

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your dad is a beta male

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yer da 'hinks jet fuel can melt steel beams

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.