Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, a girl attacks you... do you take the hits or fight back? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As much as they'd probably deserve hitting back you just don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    You all sound like the sort of people who support the stupid idea that you should only use "reasonable force" if someone has broken into your home.
    Not sure what you mean here, my post was literally me pointing reasonable force out as being an option for the situation in the video.

Look, if I'm being attacked, I'm terrified and adrenalin is rushing through my veins, I'm going to swing as hard as I ****ing can.
    Unless the attacker had a weapon, or was physically big and strong and looked like they genuinely wanted to kill you, why would you need to react like that?
    If you'd feel that way when being attacked by the average, unarmed woman then I seriously suggest you take some self-defence classes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saeedpoppa)
    Not sure what you mean here, my post was literally me pointing reasonable force out as being an option for the situation in the video.

Unless the attacker had a weapon, or was physically big and strong and looked like they genuinely wanted to kill you, why would you need to react like that?
    If you'd feel that way when being attacked by the average, unarmed woman then I seriously suggest you take some self-defence classes.
    Excuse me. If this hypothetical idiot doesn't want a potential beat down, I suggest they don't attack me. Talk about victim blaming.

ReputationRep:
    why does it matter whether the human creature that is attacking you is male or female?
    RULES OF FIGHTING (these apply to all)
    -If you deserve it, take it like a man
    -If you're attacked for very little to no reason, perform necessary self deffence
    -If you're attacked and don't seem at very much threat, try to walk away from the fight situation.

ReputationRep:
    Video lacks way too much detail.....cant possibly tell....but a woman would have to do a hell of alot to cause me to throw a haymaker....if a woman is slapping me excesively you restrain them, if a group is doing it then walk away or if there doing it for no reason id throw a jab, would usually diffuse the situation

Id only throw a hard shot like in the video if my life was in danger....it didnt look like the dude was....but as said its hard to tell from that video

I do have a problem with some woman thinking they can physically assault a dude with no threat of retaliation....if a dude slaps a gorrila then gets wrecked youd blame the dude not the gorrila, people need to be aware that political correctness wont save you from real violence. Also from a legal standpoint if a woman started assaulting a dude then he knocks ber out i dont think he should get done as its self defense.

ReputationRep:
    I would parry her attacks and take the hits until she gives up because I know they won't hurt me much. If she persists then I would restrain her without trying to hurt her a lot, but if she starts using or a weapon or she's the size of Godzilla then that ***** is going down! So really I would only fight back when self defence is necessary but it would also depend on the reason she's attacking me.

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me. If this hypothetical idiot doesn't want a potential beat down, I suggest they don't attack me. Talk about victim blaming.
    Would you still give this hypothetical idiot a "potential beat down" if they were a confused old man attacking you his cane, a 10-year-old child, or a woman who was visibly smaller than you and probably weaker and less adept at fighting? I'm not saying that you should take the hits, I'm just saying that there are good ways and bad ways of achieving the same result.

ReputationRep:

I disagree, its not up to regular people to learn how to handle themselves in physical altercations, and expecting people to be able to maintain calm enough to control a punches power in a street fight is silly. The vast majority of people will hardly ever be in such a situation so expecting them to be able to handle an 'average unarmed woman' is ridiculous.

Also the average woman who carries a bit of weight can 100% knock a grown man out with a punch. I have seen it more than once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philo-jitsu)
    I disagree, its not up to regular people to learn how to handle themselves in physical altercations, and expecting people to be able to maintain calm enough to control a punches power in a street fight is silly. The vast majority of people will hardly ever be in such a situation so expecting them to be able to handle an 'average unarmed woman' is ridiculous.

Also the average woman who carries a bit of weight can 100% knock a grown man out with a punch. I have seen it more than once.
    That's a fair point, but even with adrenaline as a factor I'd still expect the regular person to at least try backing off, shoving her back or restraining her before throwing a hard punch to the face.

ReputationRep:
    Restrain them

ReputationRep:
    I'd want to hit back, but I'd be afraid of retaliation from a group of white knights:

https://vid.me/oNLd

I only have one pair of arms/legs!
    Floyd Mayweather-esque shoulder rolls to evade attack and then control the range with footwork

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't fight back but I'd break her phone or piss in her handbag

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    A man should never attack a woman, self defence is using minimal force to get away not going for a jab. Either run off or try and restrain her

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the situation. Id try to push her away but if she were persistent, a real loud, hard slap should do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    A man should never attack a woman, self defence is using minimal force to get away not going for a jab. Either run off or try and restrain her
    Completely disagree. You shouldn't have to waste effort restraining someone so that they don't attack you. Neirhwr should you have to touch someone just for that. Imagine that girl has comit all over her...no.

ReputationRep:
    I'd want to hit back, but I'd be afraid of retaliation from a group of white knights:

If she is trying to cause serious harm to me or worse, kill, then of course I am going to defend myself. If she is upset and gets hysterical angry then I would just try to hug/hold stop her. And as for the "white knight" thing if it was in public and she was really going for you, I think they would understand you defending yourself.

ReputationRep:

yeah thats always the downside, theres always one or several white knights prepared to forget the bro-code and jump in. don't know why, do they think they will be rewarded with p*ssy for doing so?

in a situation like that you're better off just running away from the psychotic feminist

ReputationRep:
    You all sound like the sort of people who support the stupid idea that you should only use "reasonable force" if someone has broken into your home. Look, if I'm being attacked, I'm terrified and adrenalin is rushing through my veins, I'm going to swing as hard as I ****ing can.
    From what I could see, she was harassing him by being in his personal space and shouting. I think in this instance, straight up decking her in one punch isn't at all reasonable.

Doesn't seem like she was actively attacking him or had any weapon.

That's a fair point, but even with adrenaline as a factor I'd still expect the regular person to at least try backing off, shoving her back or restraining her before throwing a hard punch to the face.
    To be fair he did put up a combat stance and backed off for a couple of seconds before he floored her.

ReputationRep:
    I'd floor her in one punch.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.