Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was quite lucky, from the start of 6th form we would be sent off to various wards for voluntary service rather than rugby, work experiance would be sorted out years 11 and 12, they got doctors in for practice interviews, and if you didn't go off on medlink etc then you were shot at dawn.

No i wasn't at a private school.

ReputationRep:
    i know im not goin to study medicine (vet med for me) but i had the same problms. my parents dont have degrees, but i still went and got nearly 20 weeks work exp. i arranged all the voluntary stuff, foned up unis, and researched on the internet info about vet med. i dont go to a private school, and i used to live on a council estate. evy1 has this problem.
    4 work exp, u just have to fone the places again and again until the finally let you go there for a wek. i cant remember how many places told me they cant take on students b4 uni then give me a volunteer place next tym i foned up.

ReputationRep:
    Its incredibly easy to find consultant email addresses. It tends to be [email protected] uk, so email a few and beg. Then call their secretaries and beg. Trying HYMS hospitals might work, but equally it may be difficult to see anything or talk to anyone cos they're busy with students. Hospitals which don't have medical students might be more likely to take you on.

ReputationRep:
    thanks so much everyone for helping me!! It seems so much more clear and straight forward now. thanks again
    much love xxxxxxxxx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 23, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.