Turn on thread page Beta

An intelligent girl who's fun and down to earth.

ReputationRep:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the **** up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.
    tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by invisible_gal)
    Just wondering: what exactly do guys want in a relationship?
    are you stupid?

ReputationRep:
    For me to be happy in a relationship:

- We get along and enjoy eachother's company. It's nice to be with someone who makes, just going for a coffee or to the shops 10 times more enjoyable
    - She's attractive i.e. I don't get the impression I just settled for her because I couldn't get anything better...
    - I have to be her type/She has to find me attractive: I can't settle for the type of relationship where she finds a lot of other guys more attractive but is with me because I'm a safer option. Probably due to some insecurity but still important. I don't want to be seen as "the boyfriend type" as opposed to the guys she sees as good for some fun. The usually has to be a good balance of the two.

As shallow as it may seem, these are the things that are the easiest to explain.

ReputationRep:
    I like to feel valaued/wanted. And know that we're making each other feel more content being ourselves. Also its about just having fun for me. (I am a guy btw)

ReputationRep:
    'I want a girl with lips like morphine'

ReputationRep:
    Smart, funny, sexy... pretty normal tbh... its just the balance between then that mattters. for instance, if im annoyed, dont go around and keep asking me what's wrong, just gimme a hug and let me shout a bit then ill be fine. or get me clothes off that works too :P

ReputationRep:
    lol I hate it when people keep going, what's up?! Just sit there and let me rant and rave and then I'll be fine lol

ReputationRep:
    Fun. Sense of humour. Both vital in order to put up with me.

Also, the ability to look interested when I'm rambling on about crap helps.

The ablility to put up with my mad streak....

Just someone who likes what I like. How dull. I really must become more interesting....

ReputationRep:
    Someone who can walk me through in both darkest and brightest times. I believe in a serious relationship, trust becomes the key. All mind games should be gone, as people do at early stage. Someone I expect to be with me even if I lost everything.

ReputationRep:
    Looking for a girl isn't like having a checklist and having to tick off everything before you can got out with her. There is no simple answer.

ReputationRep:
    Too difficult to answer really, depends more on whats available.
    But im a pragmatist.

Ive never had a proper relationship before so I geuss my idea of a great relationship would be one where both people can turn to/ support each other without having to worry what that the other person is going to turn against/disown them.

If I had that Id put up with anything.

(Original post by invisible_gal)
    Just wondering: what exactly do guys want in a relationship?
    There are always a lot of threads on here about what the girl wants and what guys don't do or don't even think of, was just wondering what exactly do guys want in a relationship? Guys, what makes you happy in a relationship?
    Your problem is totaly biased.
    You say what do guys want.
    Well they aren't all the same they all want something different as they are all uniquely different in their own way.
    Some guys want long term relationsip and to settle down and have kids.
    Other just want to have a laugh and have a new "bird" every week.
    You just don't know, cause their all different. Have to ask him what he wants won't you.

ReputationRep:
    Love, mind-blowing sex et al, emotional connection, intellectual stimulation (roughly in that order).

So a gorgeous, sexually compatible, happy and supportive partner who loves me would probably satisfy; if we had great intellectual interaction as well that would approach perfection.

I used to have a different order of priority, but now I think the most important thing is that they are a happy, supportive and genuinely nice person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Your problem is totaly biased.
    You say what do guys want.
    Well they aren't all the same they all want something different as they are all uniquely different in their own way.
    Some guys want long term relationsip and to settle down and have kids.
    Other just want to have a laugh and have a new "bird" every week.
    You just don't know, cause their all different. Have to ask him what he wants won't you.
    I don't have a relationship problem at the minute, that's not why I started this thread. I started this thread because I was interested in what different guys wanted, in their views about relationships. And I know guys are all different, that's part of your charm!

ReputationRep:
    I've changed my mind. I just want someone fun and trustworthy. And attractive, of course.

ReputationRep:
    Someone with a posh accent... like that Kate from the Apprentice. That's the sort of lady I see myself marrying.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of the time my boyfriend seems to want cheese. Of the cottage variety.

He's an interesting sort of fellow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jossyboy45)
    Someone with a posh accent... like that Kate from the Apprentice. That's the sort of lady I see myself marrying.
    Yeah, I find a posh-ish (possibly just non-northern) accent on a girl very attractive.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.