Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm Lead Designer at TSR AMA Watch

• Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    -What software do you use to design ?
    -Do you sketch out your initial concepts first?
    -Do you like the blue them?
    -What would you improve about the aesthetics?

sorry just curious about this sort of area
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by LJ)
    Hey,

1 - Yes there is. If you go to TSR Community > TSR News and Announcements > TSR help you can post in there.

2 - So the quote button already quotes a post, are you wanting to only quote certain parts of the quote?
    As far as i undestand it the quiote button just repost the entire quote in quotation marks, its too clumsy.

when I am replying to a post thats maybe 100 lines, then I might only want to focus on three sections. If I could highlight and then put just that section into quotes, then that would be a lot better rather than having to repost and then endit 3 times.

Its useful for me because I answer a lot of the advice threads and have to go through peoples posts to show which but I am answering or referring to.

Think it works that way on mfp.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Terri-an…. no! No no no no no! Milk goes after! Come onnnnnnnnn
    #TeamMilkGoesInAfter:clap2:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Who did? :shock: Was it CrazyKittenLady? :giggle:

I really like the look of the site! It looks a lot more modern and sleek than a few years ago. vB is really hard to work with and the site looks bloody brilliant, must be really a challenge to work with! I'm a bit resistant to change so I don't have many ideas but I reckon whatever you do it will look brilliant. :yes:

Your breakfast also sounds yummy. Good stuff

Afraid not iEthan, it was a designer before me and LJ, I did take 2 of our blobbies on a little date to our special TSR pier though which we have on our TSR team tops and mugs
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by LJ)
    You know!!! :cool:

(Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    Afraid not iEthan, it was a designer before me and LJ, I did take 2 of our blobbies on a little date to our special TSR pier though which we have on our TSR team tops and mugs
    Ahhhhh damn it!! They're so cuteeee :love: - what a lovely design!!! I saw the mugs on Instagram too, they're so lovely :love:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Send me some TSR swag pls and a blob thanks :angel:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    -What software do you use to design ?
    -Do you sketch out your initial concepts first?
    -Do you like the blue them?
    -What would you improve about the aesthetics?

sorry just curious about this sort of area
    No need to be sorry, it's good to be curious! I always love reading about behind the scenes at other sites, Google and Facebook are really interesting to hear about.

I use a program called Sketch and also use Photoshop and Illustrator. Both great tools however Sketch is great for web and app design, I totally love it!

I do like the blue Although there is a lot of it I am trying to make the site feel a little bit less overloaded with different colours and using shades of one colour instead. Our brand colour palette has a lot of different colours but blue is our primary colour - just like our logo

There's lots of things I'd like to do! We have a lot of content on the site so I want to make sure it is easy to find, use and read
    What would you like to see improved?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    You know!!! :cool:

Ahhhhh damn it!! They're so cuteeee :love: - what a lovely design!!! I saw the mugs on Instagram too, they're so lovely :love:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Send me some TSR swag pls and a blob thanks :angel:
    Yay Thanks iEthan!!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yay Thanks iEthan!!!
    Hope you're doing OK? Did you see She-Ra on TV? Didn't she do well!
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    As far as i undestand it the quiote button just repost the entire quote in quotation marks, its too clumsy.

when I am replying to a post thats maybe 100 lines, then I might only want to focus on three sections. If I could highlight and then put just that section into quotes, then that would be a lot better rather than having to repost and then endit 3 times.

Its useful for me because I answer a lot of the advice threads and have to go through peoples posts to show which but I am answering or referring to.

Think it works that way on mfp.
    Thanks for giving an example, and I agree - it would make quoting small sections easier, especially on mobile. I'll make sure this gets considered as a feature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJ)
    No guys, just no. Don't knock it till you try it!
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Who did? :shock: Was it CrazyKittenLady? :giggle: I really like the look of the site! It looks a lot more modern and sleek than a few years ago. vB is really hard to work with and the site looks bloody brilliant, must be really a challenge to work with! I'm a bit resistant to change so I don't have many ideas but I reckon whatever you do it will look brilliant. :yes:Your breakfast also sounds yummy. Good stuff
    Hehe CrazyKittenLady creates all the awesome illustrations you see across the site!
    YAY, THANKS! It is a big challenge to make changes to such a HUGE site but bit by bit things will continue to improve
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Hope you're doing OK? Did you see She-Ra on TV? Didn't she do well!
    Doing well thanks just working on some lovely new infographics and enjoying the sun this week, how about you ?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There will be some new TSR swag getting released soon!
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    ooh i see Love the sound of a hair bow, but dont think i'd suit them.
    Anyone can rock a hair bow
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by LJ)
    Thanks for giving an example, and I agree - it would make quoting small sections easier, especially on mobile. I'll make sure this gets considered as a feature
    been meaning to suggest it for months, so was opportune you posted.

Oterh bits sych as linking gifs and youtube videos are impressive.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Callicious)
    What keeps you up at night if you have lots of work to do?
    Luckily we have a great work environment that the work is managed well and is realistic so thankfully very few nights awake.. it's normally my cat the keeps me up at night anyway!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by terri-an)
    I have! It tasted like milky water! :eviltongue:

(Original post by LJ)
    Hehe CrazyKittenLady creates all the awesome illustrations you see across the site!
    YAY, THANKS! It is a big challenge to make changes to such a HUGE site but bit by bit things will continue to improve
    She's very talented indeed - I can imagine! It's craaaazyyy how great the site looks. A lot of other popular vBulletin boards still look very vB-ish (let's face it, their default design is a bit rubbish isn't it? Especially a couple of years ago with AdminCP, that place was soooo ugly ) and so it really is amazing what you guys have done! Looking forward to it

Doing well thanks just working on some lovely new infographics and enjoying the sun this week, how about you ?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There will be some new TSR swag getting released soon!
    Aww glad you're OK have you tried that cereal yet? :eyeball: I got my results today and they were not very good so I'm looking into my options and trying to distract myself… will all be ok I reckon… :/
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yessss! Great to hear
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by LJ)
    Anyone can rock a hair bow
    I might consider giving it a go then
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    She's very talented indeed - I can imagine! It's craaaazyyy how great the site looks. A lot of other popular vBulletin boards still look very vB-ish (let's face it, their default design is a bit rubbish isn't it? Especially a couple of years ago with AdminCP, that place was soooo ugly ) and so it really is amazing what you guys have done! Looking forward to it
    Yeah if you look around at most other forum sites the design feels a bit outdated so it's great we have developed ours to look and work they way they do. Glad you like
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by LJ)
    Thank you!!! I am always looking for fun new things to draw so let me know if yo have any cool ideas and I will try and sketch them up for you
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by terri-an)
    I have and it was not good.... never again!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.