Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    (Original post by Eubacterium)
    So you're bascially saying being malnourished is having a better body.

It's this kind of attitude that caused some so called friends to give me dirty looks when I would eat a sandwitch for lunch while they eat nothing.
    Pardon? you like imagining things?
    So you were there?

(Original post by erk)
    re a fit, lead a healthy lifestyle and keep in shape.
    ]= this leads to a better body than others.

nothing to do with 'malnourishment'
    Or being thin. It would make them slim. There's a difference (whitch a lot of people like you can't tell).

ReputationRep:
    i think alot of the time it is jelousy, and tried to make themselves feel better, which is horrible really.

I personally think its rude to comment at all on anyones weight wether they're larger or smaller than average, its not your place to comment.

Although i did see this immensly skinny girl shopping, who was clearly really ill, and it made me sad because she was so beautiful but she looked so frail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avalanche)
    Its natural for most people to be slim, in nature we should be exersising everyday and eating is for survival not leisure.
    But not thin, there's a difference. It's disturbing a lot of people think people are either fat or thin.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I'm jealous of girls with nicer figures than me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    i think alot of the time it is jelousy, and tried to make themselves feel better, which is horrible really.

I personally think its rude to comment at all on anyones weight wether they're larger or smaller than average, its not your place to comment.

Although i did see this immensly skinny girl shopping, who was clearly really ill, and it made me sad because she was so beautiful but she looked so frail.
    People are entitled to ethir own opinions. It's not like they're telling these people to their face.

ReputationRep:
    But not thin, there's a difference. It's disturbing a lot of people think people are either fat or thin.
    Whats the difference? Slim and thin mean the same thing to me.

ReputationRep:
    So you were there?

Or being thin. It would make them slim. There's a difference (whitch a lot of people like you can't tell).
    Oh lord, you're a difficult one. I mentioned your imagination due to your ability to completely FABRICATE what i supposedly said.

holy crack, semantics now, if we're going to be pedantic please learn to spell. cheers.

If you're going down that line - it still leads to a body that these people are jealous of.

ReputationRep:
    People are entitled to ethir own opinions. It's not like they're telling these people to their face.
    Yes, but this isn't the question of the thread. You are entitled to your own opinion, but why is it there? jealousy. because these girls have better bodies. sorted.

ReputationRep:
    yes, but comments like the examples given in the OP are based on jealousy, not genuine concern for someones health etc.

ReputationRep:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avalanche)
    Whats the difference? Slim and thin mean the same thing to me.
    That's worrying. But it does explain some people's responses here. Thin is looks malnourished (no fat just bones) while slim is healthy, flat tummy with the curves sort of thing.
    (Original post by erk)
    Oh lord, you're a difficult one. I mentioned your imagination due to your ability to completely FABRICATE what i supposedly said.

holy crack, semantics now, if we're going to be pedantic please learn to spell. cheers.

If you're going down that line - it still leads to a body that these people are jealous of.
    You're just rude. I'm dyslexic btw although there's was nothing wrong with my spelling. Spelling isn't even on topic. And you criticise these girls for being "*****y?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbdunc)
    But do they?

THAT is subjective. Personally I'd say stick thin is worse than slightly chubby.
    See, you're going to the extremes of 'stick-thin' - i live in the capital, ill tell you now i see more of these 'stick-thin' girls than most, but even then it's a handful. Most of these said 'better' girls have better bodies, whether you call it slim, toned, thin, because of a healthy lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    The OP said the word thin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    In most cases that's absolute *******s in my opinion.

You read, hear, and witness girls ****ging other girls off because they have a better body. nothing to be jealous of? why else would you **** them off? a bit of self-esteem? it doesn't make sense.

But again this boils down to the whole 'stick-thin' thing, i also hear many girls saying this about women who are a fit, lead a healthy lifestyle and keep in shape.
    And yet there are always girls calling other girls fat. Are they jealous too? I suppose everyone just puts down others to make themselves feel better not necessarily out of jealousy (obviously it can be), but out of insecurity perhaps or because they don't like that person or even just to have something to talk about.

how do you know if someone is 'forcing themselves to be stick thin' by looking at them?
    If you see someone who really is anorexic, and has been for a while, you'll know about it. At the moment I know of about 3 anorexics. One is in hospital, another is on the verge of going and spends most of her time too tired to do anything due to malnourishment and the third is still at school. People talk about her but I'm pretty sure they're not jealous.

ReputationRep:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    The OP said the word thin.
    I must be blind.

ReputationRep:
    So how come people tend to comment on my cousin who is thin and bony yet she has always been like that, she eats a lot so it must be natural for her. She doesn't look healthy but the gp says she is.

ReputationRep:
    most definitely
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Are ugly people who make fun of pretty people's faces jealous of them?

Same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    when did i criticise? I didn't mention negativity in any posts regarding jealous. everyone gets jealous. again, making things up.
    You were telling me to spell properly but there were no spelling mistakes in that post.

(Original post by erk)
    I must be blind.
    Yes Reddy did use the word thin in a later post and he/she said averaged sized girls are commenting on slim women by calling them sick insects. If they're averaged sized I get the impression they're slim and the people are they are talking about are thin. Anyway no use discussing this you because you just want to aggressively enforce your opinion.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.