Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mine comes from the fact if I dont train my hardest then I wont perform the best I possibly could on stage in competitions.

ReputationRep:
    A few years ago I had a HUGE crush on someone I worked with. They rejected me because I wasn't good looking enough and didn't have a good enough job or a high enough education. I now have a better job, I'm a uni student and I work out three days a week. Who says being bitter and scorned isn't a good thing? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    To help me lose weight and tone up so I feel a bit better about my appearence. Working out also helps to cheer me up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stimmo)
    Motivation comes from my goals primarily.
    Cool. Like a goal to reach a certain physique or weight or something?

Hmm, I don't really have goals - I just go to maintain or get more fit for rock climbing (which I can't do for another 2 weeks! Knee injury). But that's a great idea. Might set myself some goals :rolleyes:

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozboy82)
    A few years ago I had a HUGE crush on someone I worked with. They rejected me because I wasn't good looking enough and didn't have a good enough job or a high enough education. I now have a better job, I'm a uni student and I work out three days a week. Who says being bitter and scorned isn't a good thing? :confused:
    Lol another Australian :P Which gym, nah just joking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    ... get more fit for rock climbing (which I can't do for another 2 weeks! Knee injury).
    Aww, poor DB! ;console;

I've recently decided to try toning up my legs a little bit, so I keep focussing on the hope that it might make trouser shopping a little easier (I have a tiny waist in comparison to the rest of my body )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GTi)
    me ave to go to gym because the gal dem think me nice
    Lmao, post of the century.

(Original post by beach surf babe)
    Have you been watching that Call On Me music vid again?! :p:
    No, but I have been watching this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY***XkXErg

I dont know where I find this crap.

:toofunny:

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaugX6BJxQA lolz

ReputationRep:
    the thought of becoming fat :p:

and also the feeling of actually achieving something afterwards

ReputationRep:
    what motivates me:

Seeing my sister heading off for athletics training 5-6 times a week.

Also, sport is fun and sociable

ReputationRep:
    I want to lose weight and look better, I also want to be in good physical shape, having been overweight for most of my life ...

My housemate motivates me, well we motivate each other. Going to the gym together means we go more than we would individually.

Seeing Results - has motivated me to keep going to the gym!

Music - I need music in my gym sessions, make sure your ipod is locked, loaded and charged!!!

Also - the gym is now part of my weekly routine (4 times a week) ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    Lol another Australian :P Which gym, nah just joking.
    It's a Brisbane gym (and it's not FitnessFirst) :p:

ReputationRep:
    positive gains.

ReputationRep:
    Been doing it long enough now that i dont really need motivation, its part of my life, something i have to do like.

ReputationRep:
    me... when i feel like theres too much fats that i need to burn in my blood stream

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about recieving compliments from people on how great i look definately gets me moving =)

ReputationRep:
    after a few times, I just found myself jogging everywhere. like a dog running round before it gets its walk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..Inphinite..)
    Lmao, post of the century.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beya)
    Thinking about recieving compliments from people on how great i look definitely gets me moving =)
    :dito:

and also this may sound cheesy but, watching endless amounts of rocky movies in particular (rocky 3 and 4)-the rush you get is insane certainly revvs me up to train hard

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.