Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zara0526)
    Well i waa hoping to apply to:
    Cambridge with requirements A*AA
    UCL at AAA
    Southampton at AAA
    Kings ABB

I'm predicted A*AA at A2 and wish to study Geography. But i know that Cambridge also look a lot at AS grades - so i have majorly disadvantaged myself.
    Durham is good for geog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColorMiKiki)
    You call that screwed?!!? I got:
    Chemistry - B (new linear)
    Biology - C (new linear)
    Geography - C
    Maths - E (dropping from the start anyway)
    My dentistry dreams are dead af.
    Unlucky, I just had high expectations of myself doing very little work. Anyway we need to focus and just do everything we can for A2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clucky_chick)
    You've done really well. I got BBD today, but there were some extenuating circumstances within that. Even if your results are not exactly what you wanted, use them to your advantage. I was really depressed earlier when I thought there was no point to applying to my favourite uni (St. Andrews, courses requirements usually AAB), but I have found ways in which I can still apply through research and thinking logically. Plus, you could re-take the subjects you felt you did poorest in or get them re-marked. Basically, think positive. You have achieved these results, and now it's a good time to use them to your advantage! Good luck, and with a bit of time, I'm sure you'll find the right path.
    Thanks, applying to St Andrews for what course?

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in biology a B in maths a C in chemistry and a D in physics
    Was hoping for an A in chemistry and I was really shocked about my result because my predicted grade is an A* next year and I came out of the exam confidet!!
    It's next year that counts, I was gonna apply for cambridge but I think I still am because it's next year that counts not this year with the reformed A-Levels!!!! Don't worry about it!!! You're not screwed and neither am I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie7699)
    Was hoping for an A in chemistry and I was really shocked about my result because my predicted grade is an A* next year and I came out of the exam confidet!!
    It's next year that counts, I was gonna apply for cambridge but I think I still am because it's next year that counts not this year with the reformed A-Levels!!!! Don't worry about it!!! You're not screwed and neither am I
    What are you doing at Cambridge?

Could you please tell me what you got at GCSEs

do you think a resitter has a shot at Cambridge with AAB for Maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niz2206)
    Thanks, applying to St Andrews for what course?
    I'm thinking of a joint honours in philosophy and psychology (my highest grades). What about you? What are you hoping to apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths is Life)
    What are you doing at Cambridge?

Could you please tell me what you got at GCSEs

do you think a resitter has a shot at Cambridge with AAB for Maths?
    I got 5 A* and 5A and hopefully NatSci. I don't think cambridge look down on one or two resits because people have good and bad days so I'm sure you'd be fine!!!!! Good luck and well done on getting AAB!!!

ReputationRep:
    I got:

A-film studies lol
    B-history
    C-English Lit
    D-French

I was down like you initially but realized I can drop the D and as the C and B grades were very high I could end up with AAB predicted or even A*AB. It s not all doom and gloom

ReputationRep:
    I got 5 A* and 5A and hopefully NatSci. I don't think cambridge look down on one or two resits because people have good and bad days so I'm sure you'd be fine!!!!! Good luck and well done on getting AAB!!!
    By a resitter I meant than I resat year 12.

- Does doing 3 A levels put you at a disadvantage from those doing 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths is Life)
    By a resitter I meant than I resat year 12.

- Does doing 3 A levels put you at a disadvantage from those doing 4?
    As long as you have the solid grades I'm sure you'll be fine!!! And 3 doesn't put you at a disadvantage!! You could always email some cambridge admissions tutors?! They're quick to reply!! You'll find their emails on collage websites

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that!, did you do physics with OCR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clucky_chick)
    I'm thinking of a joint honours in philosophy and psychology (my highest grades). What about you? What are you hoping to apply for?
    Really in the middle ground, between Civil Engineering or Maths. Looked into St Andrews but I'd expect the competition to be insane considering the requirements make it accessible for everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niz2206)
    Really in the middle ground, between Civil Engineering or Maths. Looked into St Andrews but I'd expect the competition to be insane considering the requirements make it accessible for everyone
    Wow - those are fantastic subjects! Yeah, I know what you mean, the competition is going to be tough. I doubt I will get in. My philosophy teacher actually applied there, but he didn't say if he got in. I'm guessing not - otherwise he would have probably said he went there, which must mean it is tough! Yeah, it's so awful picking between subjects. It's taken me ages, and I'm still wondering whether I should go into something like medical sciences instead, etc. Hmmm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnatt27)
    I got:

A-film studies lol
    B-history
    C-English Lit
    D-French

I was down like you initially but realized I can drop the D and as the C and B grades were very high I could end up with AAB predicted or even A*AB. It s not all doom and gloom
    Just realised you got an A in film studies which is amazing. The percentages like previously mentioned are very low. You are few 👍😂

ReputationRep:
    Cheers dude but I can assure you that film studies was far easier than all my other subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.