University of Hertfordshire 2016 - Commuting to Uni

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajy9)
    Yeah i commute too it's not bad.. Hate park n ride thou
    Hi,

Do you know how long it takes from the park and ride to the college lane campus and where to get off? It only has the forum on the inter-campus bus timetable.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glamwithglitter)
    Hey! Is there anyone else going to herts uni in September and commuting? Feel like I'm the only one
    Hey,

I am also commuting as I live ten minutes drive away from the uni!

What subject are you going to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren769)
    Hi,

Do you know how long it takes from the park and ride to the college lane campus and where to get off? It only has the forum on the inter-campus bus timetable.

Thank you
    It's about 5mins to forum then there is another stop just outside the uni going towards galleria

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much I'd rather use park and ride for 50p a day than park in the forum for £3 a day. Parking soon adds up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akh_Moh)
    Thanks for that man, is it 50p to park then 50p for each bus journey or 50p for the whole thing? Lol
    50p for the whole thing .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren769)
    Hey,

I am also commuting as I live ten minutes drive away from the uni!

What subject are you going to study?

I'm studying Primary Education what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summayya)
    For everyone commuting to hertfordshire, how long are your journeys?
    Takes about 50 mins by bus

ReputationRep:
    Pharmacology

ReputationRep:
    anyone studying psychology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC 123)
    anyone studying psychology?
    Yeah, I am going to be studying psychology

ReputationRep:
    I'm commuting from east London. So is it free to park in that car park with 800 spaces and then pay 50p for the bus?

ReputationRep:
    I'm commuting from Harpenden, I think it takes like 30mins

ReputationRep:
    I've been commuting from North London (Islington) for about 2 years now. My journey takes about 40-50 minutes, depending on the train and when the uno bus turns up. If it's late it can take up to an hour or longer. The absolute worst part of the journey is waiting for the uno imo, it can be pretty inconsistent with you either missing it by 2 seconds or waiting 10-15 minutes for it to arrive. On a good day you wait 5 minutes or less, or it's right there when you step outside the station.
    To the guys who have 9am lectures at any point: brace yourselves cos the uno bus tends to get so full that the driver can't take anymore people and will have to leave some behind at the bus stop, so make sure you get to the front of the queue if you don't want to be late.
    Each uno ticket costs about £1 for students so if you're taking a bus to the uni and back it should cost about £2 per day (it might be more expensive this year, I dunno). There's always the option of buying a plusbus ticket at whatever train station you're commuting from (if you commute by train) which is a day pass so that you don't have to pay £1 every time you get on the bus. I can't really give you a concrete price on it because it varies depending on which station you're travelling from. For me it was £1.90 but inflated to £2.10 but for my friend it's been £1.50 consistently.

For people going to and from Hatfield station, the buses you should take are 602, 653 and 341 (the stop to go to is the second one ahead when you first step outside the station - you'll know it when you see it cos that's the most crowded one)

oh and a tip for getting on the uno bus:PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HAVE YOUR MONEY READY BEFORE YOU STEP ON, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW ANNOYING IT IS FOR SOMEONE TO STEP TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE AND GO THROUGH THEIR POCKETS LOOKING FOR £1 IN CHANGE

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm going Herts this September what course is everyone taking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoopMcGee)
    I've been commuting from North London (Islington) for about 2 years now. My journey takes about 40-50 minutes, depending on the train and when the uno bus turns up. If it's late it can take up to an hour or longer. The absolute worst part of the journey is waiting for the uno imo, it can be pretty inconsistent with you either missing it by 2 seconds or waiting 10-15 minutes for it to arrive. On a good day you wait 5 minutes or less, or it's right there when you step outside the station.
    To the guys who have 9am lectures at any point: brace yourselves cos the uno bus tends to get so full that the driver can't take anymore people and will have to leave some behind at the bus stop, so make sure you get to the front of the queue if you don't want to be late.
    Each uno ticket costs about £1 for students so if you're taking a bus to the uni and back it should cost about £2 per day (it might be more expensive this year, I dunno). There's always the option of buying a plusbus ticket at whatever train station you're commuting from (if you commute by train) which is a day pass so that you don't have to pay £1 every time you get on the bus. I can't really give you a concrete price on it because it varies depending on which station you're travelling from. For me it was £1.90 but inflated to £2.10 but for my friend it's been £1.50 consistently.

For people going to and from Hatfield station, the buses you should take are 602, 653 and 341 (the stop to go to is the second one ahead when you first step outside the station - you'll know it when you see it cos that's the most crowded one)

oh and a tip for getting on the uno bus:PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HAVE YOUR MONEY READY BEFORE YOU STEP ON, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW ANNOYING IT IS FOR SOMEONE TO STEP TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE AND GO THROUGH THEIR POCKETS LOOKING FOR £1 IN CHANGE
    Lol thanks for the tip 😂 My journey is looking at 1 hour by bus and then a 19 minute journey to the actual uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *ihavenoidea*)
    Hey I'm going Herts this September what course is everyone taking?
    Geography

what about you?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.