Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Are these AS grades good enough for Warwick Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dom117117)
    Really that gives me hope, do you think you got an offer because of gcse,s or like personal statement?
    I was told by my school they look at AS grades and references more. But I think if your AS grades are poor they may look at GCSEs to see if maybe it's just been a bad year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlightlyOverdone)
    I was told by my school they look at AS grades and references more. But I think if your AS grades are poor they may look at GCSEs to see if maybe it's just been a bad year
    cheers as I got similar AS grades as you and I know it's possible to get AAA just need the offer first.

ReputationRep:
    What course is this for? And what were your predicted??

ReputationRep:
    Mmm, it really depends... I know so many people who got amazing AS grades and got rejected. Others the opposite and ended up with exceptional A2 grades. I know some who also got rejected by Warwick but managed to come out with 3A*'s, called up on results day and literally begged (maybe 4 calls per person), and then got a place. It all depends on the applicant. The grade standards at Warwick are on the AAA-A*A*A* side, with some who get ABB to AAB. Good luck though, no harm in trying. Make sure your references are fantastic as well as your PS. x

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply for psychology which has entry requirements of AAB.

My predicted grades are:
    - Psychology: A
    - Maths: A
    - Physics: C

And my AS grades were AAD.

I think I can get a B in physics next year but my teachers won't predict me above a C because my AS exams didn't go very well.
    Is it still worth applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPauling)
    Warwick wants AAA so I would say that it is quite unlikely but to still apply you have 5 options no harm in having one of them as a high one
    Would someone have to get AAA at AS or only A level?

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.