The Student Room Group

1 ums from offer!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bless_9
what uni ?

They have an account on TSR so I don't want them to to think I'm bad mouthing them :tongue:
Get a priority remark, there is a good chance still of one mark being found because perhaps they miscounted or simply accidentally didn't give you a mark. Deadline for P. remark is 19th of Aug (tomorrow) since they aim to get it back to you before 31st of Aug, which is the last day Imperial can accept you. 100% get a remark because you never know and you don't want any regrets. It also won't go down unless you lose a lot of raw marks so don't worry. Check how close you are to the next boundary below you.
Reply 22
Original post by ChrisP97
Pretty much in the same position as you except UCL economics. Was 2 UMS off an A in further maths. Idek if it's worth spending close to £100 with the new harsher remark system

Are you getting two modules remarked? I was told to get one done at a time just in case one goes up and one goes down :/
But for me? I'm not holding any offer and I am 100% taking the year out and re-applying. Should I just retake the extra module that I'm 1 UMS off because I'm already retaking another 2 exams or should I remark and it saves me revising for another exam
Reply 24
Yeah, but I have to get them done both at the same time, as the deadline for priority marking for me is tomorrow. Surely if you do them 1 at a time by the time you get the result back for the second remark it will be too late?

The deadline for me is 24th and this one will be back before that! Good luck!! I hope they go up enough for you!
Pretty much in the same position as you except UCL economics. Was 2 UMS off an A in further maths. Idek if it's worth spending close to £100 with the new harsher remark system

For maths, the 'new system' literally makes no difference, as the answers you give arent debatable, they're either right or wrong. The 'new system' is more in place for subjects where you give a written answer, and the marks the examiner gives are more subjective, meaning that on a remark marks will only be changed for actual mistakes and not if the second marker simply has a difference of opinion to the first examiner, which is what used to happen.

With maths, it's unlikely your mark will change simply because the examiners are much less likely to make a mistake. Saying this, I did get a maths paper remarked and I got 4 UMS more on the remark as my marker had forgotten to give me 'follow through' marks on one question (where you make a mistake early on but get the rest right except for that mistake but it affects the overall answer). However I was told this was quite unusual, as it's pretty easy to mark a maths paper correctly.
Reply 26
im getting a priority remark done in aqa chem units 4&5, which was really dumb of me as one could go up and the other down. im 3 ums away from an A, so around a mark in each paper.
Reply 27
No way what university / course was this?
Really feel for you. My offer was also AAA for medicine at Liverpool. I got A*AB with the B in chemistry yet they still accepted me. I know a lot of people missed their A in Chem this year. Hoping the ums goes up and you get your place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aleveltimes
Really feel for you. My offer was also AAA for medicine at Liverpool. I got A*AB with the B in chemistry yet they still accepted me. I know a lot of people missed their A in Chem this year. Hoping the ums goes up and you get your place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

WOW can't believe that. I asked liverpool if they would accept A*AB for dentistry if the remark comes back with an A in chem and they didn't accept me
Original post by gcooney4
WOW can't believe that. I asked liverpool if they would accept A*AB for dentistry if the remark comes back with an A in chem and they didn't accept me

They said that they don't offer a point system and the A* can't substitute the B
Original post by Lerche
Guys I'm absolutely gutted, I'm one ums away from my offer and my uni is completely refusing to negotiate. I was thinking of getting a priority remark but with the new system do you think it's going to be worth it? It was in chem as well :/

Can I ask what other unis you applied to? And hopefully you'll get the 1 UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest