Turn on thread page Beta

CHAT Campaign Amended Title: Help ! Dog won't take its tablets watch

ReputationRep:
    What is chat?

just mush the tablets up and put them in the food, that should work?

ReputationRep:
    Campaign to halt ambiguous threads

I think from memory

(Original post by mik1a)
    What is chat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    What is chat?
    :eek:

see sig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    What is chat?
    I think this is just a thread for general chat now.

ReputationRep:
    thats quite sad... especially the "CHAT Campaign Amended Title"
    can mods not just edit it themselves?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Campaign to Halt Ambigious Threads = CHAT
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Funnily enough the person who changed the title was a mod :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Funnily enough the person who changed the title was a mod :eek:
    Yes but do you need a group of people and a catchy acronym for the mods to do their work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Yes but do you need a group of people and a catchy acronym for the mods to do their work?
    Not particularly; the CHAT campaign was started up ages ago and highlighted a common annoyance; that is, ambiguous thread titles.

The reason for sticking the "CHAT Campaign Amended Title" in to the new thread title, is that it creates some awareness, by making people ask questions "What is CHAT?" etc, which is evident - and maybe people will try putting better thread titles in place as a result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    No, but it's more fun

ReputationRep:
    If it is anything like my bf's dog (greedy) then give it a lump of tuna/ham/whatever with a pill in, immediately followed by another lump of food. The dog will be so interested in eating the second bit of food that it will swallow the first without noticing the pill :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_cutie44)
    how do make a dog take its tablets???
    I would say

'if you take you tablets, then you can hump my leg for five minutes'.

Try that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I would say

'if you take you tablets, then you can hump my leg for five minutes'.

Try that.
    lol... but errr... NO!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    lol... but errr... NO!!
    Not easy to please some folk so why not promise to get the dog a Boy/Girl friend :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Not easy to please some folk so why not promise to get the dog a Boy/Girl friend :cool:
    That should work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    That should work
    yepeeeeeeee. I always have an answer. May not be the ideal but you gotta admit its good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Not particularly; the CHAT campaign was started up ages ago and highlighted a common annoyance; that is, ambiguous thread titles.

The reason for sticking the "CHAT Campaign Amended Title" in to the new thread title, is that it creates some awareness, by making people ask questions "What is CHAT?" etc, which is evident - and maybe people will try putting better thread titles in place as a result.
    Thing is, the large title backfired because from the main screen I can't read even the edited title... just " CHAT Campaign Amended Titl" or something - the problem is not fixed at all really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_cutie44)
    nothing seems to work, have tried putting it in her food, in cheese & ham but she jus holds it in her mouth then spits it out!?
    This is what we tell people at the vet office, get a spoonful of peanut butter and put the pill in it, and get that in the dogs mouth. If she's real stubborn you may need to hold her mouth shut until she swallows, but the PB ussually works. Another trick is to buy a syringe, crush the pill up and mix it with a small ammount of a raw egg and water, use the syringe to squirt it down her throat. Do so by holding her head up, wsing your thumb to hold her mouth partly open, close her mouth quickly and hold it shut until she swallows.

ReputationRep:
    just place the medication in a slab of butter and feed to dog - a simple but effective solution

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.