The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    - Introduce yourself
    Hello, I'm from London and currently awaiting my gcse results, I will be staying at my sixth form if I get what I need

- What are your hobbies and interests?
    Football, maths, music production, and gaming

- What subjects are you planning to take?
    Maths, further maths, economics, biology

- Your favourite subject(s)?
    Maths and biology

- Your ideal future occupation?
    Banker

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    >everyone introducing themselves with their real name instead of their username

Name:  sLe13h3.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  194.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)

Name:  sLe13h3.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  194.9 KB
    It's just TSR lol. I only come on here for work related stuff and my name is common.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    Oh crap people can find out so much about you with JUST your first name

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    I haven't got my results yet
    Me neither! It really made me think about what results I may get yesterday when the A level results came out. Argh I'm starting to lose sleep over it, my mind just won't rest!! Good luck I hope you get the grades you want!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Oh crap people can find out so much about you with JUST your first name

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL!

ReputationRep:
    I feels weird that I'm in year 12 now and we're in the A level thread

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys~
    Hobbies & Interests: watching anime/dramas, playing games, astrology, dance/music, doing adrenaline inducing activities, languages, competitions/challenges

Subjects I will take: biology, chemistry, maths, psychology :awesome:

Favourite subjects: maths&chemistry

Future ideal occupation: idek maybe a toxicologist? Something in relation to science

ReputationRep:
    Heyaa guys,

I'm Edosawr..

Here are my GCSE results (10A*s and 2As):
    Maths (Edexcel) - A*
    Statistics (Edexcel) - A*
    Religious Studies (Edexcel) - A*
    History (OCR) - A*
    Geography (WJEC) - A*
    Biology (AQA) - A*
    Chemistry (AQA) - A*
    Physics (AQA) - A*
    German (AQA) - A*
    French (AQA) - A*
    English Literature (AQA) - A
    English Language (AQA) - A

What are your hobbies and interests?
    I love swimming, volunteering and cooking. I love surfing, coasteering and kayaking too... Basically anything in water..

What subjects are you planning to take?
    Chemistry, Biology and Maths!

What are your favourite subject(s)?
    Chemistry, Biology and Maths!

What is your ideal future occupation?
    Uhmm probably to be a Vet. I've applied for work experience so hopefully I'll be able to get some soon!

(Original post by Starlight15)
    I feels weird that I'm in year 12 now and we're in the A level thread
    We're in the big boy's/girl's league now.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I am Alice I am ready to get sick AS level results (even though I haven't even got my gcses) I'm EXCITed!!!

- What are your hobbies and interests?
    I make youtube videos, I'm into Taoism/Jainism,I like nature and the sun!!

- What subjects are you planning to take?
    Biology, Chemistry, Physics and maths
    - Your favourite subject(s)?
    The above!

- Your ideal future occupation?

A surgeon! Orr I could just live in India/Taiwan who knows, we don't need jobs to live our lives

(Original post by Nuggetsarelife)
    Haha noob 😉 Trust me when i say yr 7 - yr 11 will become soooo irrelevant when u go yr12, i dont even acknowledge the youngers anymore, also revise on day 1, AS is ****ing painful
    I'm already three quarters away from being ready to do some AS Biology past papers.

(Original post by TSlayerr)
    I've already started revising XD
    Same here. But I would say studying, because I don't know the course to be 'revising' yet.

ReputationRep:
    Hiiiiiiiii im @nineteenone !!
    -What are your hobbies and interests?I like baking (recently got into that) and organising?? if that counts haha

- What subjects are you planning to take?I'm planning to take Biology, Chemistry, French and Geography, but i might change geography to something else...

- Your favourite subject(s)? Biology! And i liked the GCSE English Literature specification but hated everything else

- Your ideal future occupation? Anything related to Biology, really. I'm contemplating medicine but not sure yet, so I'm keeping my options open.

Good luck for results day and good luck for sixth form!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm Beth,
    I don't have any rigorous hobbies but I'm doing my grade 8 piano currently and play golf and rugby in my spare time.
    For Sixth form I am taking Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics and History.
    Chemistry is my absolute favourite subject and I love it dearly however history has grown on me massively in the last year.
    In the future I hope to have a career in academics but equally I may convert to law or medicine, just taking it as it comes!
    Wishing you all the best of luck next week and bring on year 12!😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are your hobbies and interests?

I love reading (in particular classics. Anyone want to talk about The Catcher in the Rye with me?) Also am learning the French language because I really like it BBC's Sherlock is what I practically live for. Noticed someone mention COD so just going to throw in that I play it but I'm not the best tbh

What subjects are you planning to take?

English lit, Maths, History, French. (What can I say, I'm a humanities kinda gal)

Your favourite subject(s)?

English lit and French

Your ideal future occupation?

Lawyer (Not a barrister though, I prefer the office life so corporate or something along those lines)

Also wanted to throw in that I'm going St Doms so if anyone is also going and wants to say hi please do

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm James
    Don't really have any hobbies, but I'm addicted to binge watching TV series. Do a bit of casual gaming but I'm **** lol
    I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Latin and Economics next year
    Idk my fave subject, I like all the ones im taking next yr except for economics, not an option to do it until 6th form
    No idea about future occupation, probs something in finance, just wanna make that dolla .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    I'm already three quarters away from being ready to do some AS Biology past papers.

Same here. But I would say studying, because I don't know the course to be 'revising' yet.
    Won't start until September but where are you getting the resources to learn bio from?

(Original post by surina16)
    Won't start until September but where are you getting the resources to learn bio from?
    My cousin goes to the same school as me. She just finished year 12. Same textbooks, exam board and teachers.

ReputationRep:
    ColossalAtom - Cool thread. Awesome! It's so nice - I liked it!!

Hi, I'm Sulaiman. I feel as if I need more hobbies, but my main ones are watching dramas (I love drama-acting) and surfing the internet (Social media, forums like this, etc). I want to begin to read (started reading 'I am Pilgrim' today, online) and volunteer soon and maybe join a club.

For A-Levels I am planning to take Maths, Biology and Chemistry. If I take a fourth one, it will most probably be R.E. My favourite subjects (from the list of subjects I took at GCSE) would most probably be: English, Biology, Chemistry (but the interest fluctuates at times), R.E, History and Drama. Chinese is good too because its a unique subject.

My parents want me to become a dentist, so I'm planning to be a dentist. However, personally, for a long time, I've had a passion for becoming an actor. So aspiring dentist/actor I like other things too like forensic science, law.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.