Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradnom)
    Decision maths

And no, literally scraped the B
    What did he do to improve his grade?

(Original post by geography1294)
    What did he do to improve his grade?
    Did lots of past papers (and Solomon papers), tracking the grade improvement and learning from the mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradnom)
    Did lots of past papers (and Solomon papers), tracking the grade improvement and learning from the mistakes.
    I did all the past papers and still only ended up with a C

ReputationRep:
    Please help guys
    Hi I got a C at AS maths with 72 UMS in C1, 60 UMS in c2 and 72 in S1.
    After doing C3 and C4, C1 and C2 seem so much easier and I just spent a couple of weeks before the exams going over a few of the more difficult topics but after second year they'll seem easy enough.
    In retakes I got 95 UMS in C1 and 93 UMS in C2 and ended up getting an overall at A level. (OCR btw)

Also the AS exams are a month before A2 exams so you still have 3/4 weeks after those to just focus on A2 again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomeoSantos)
    Hi I got a C at AS maths with 72 UMS in C1, 60 UMS in c2 and 72 in S1.
    After doing C3 and C4, C1 and C2 seem so much easier and I just spent a couple of weeks before the exams going over a few of the more difficult topics but after second year they'll seem easy enough.
    In retakes I got 95 UMS in C1 and 93 UMS in C2 and ended up getting an overall at A level. (OCR btw)

Also the AS exams are a month before A2 exams so you still have 3/4 weeks after those to just focus on A2 again.
    Did you retake s1? Also did you have any other subject retakes>

ReputationRep:
    Did you retake s1? Also did you have any other subject retakes>
    No just c1 and c2 for maths and Unit 2 economics which is basically the same as unit 4 in second year so wasn't difficult to study for.

ReputationRep:
    No just c1 and c2 for maths and Unit 2 economics which is basically the same as unit 4 in second year so wasn't difficult to study for.
    Is resitting a lot of work for maths?

ReputationRep:
    Is resitting a lot of work for maths?
    If you focus and keep up to date on your A2 maths then you can virtually do c1 without even revising it again as it will seem so basic. C2 you can revise the few specific topics a week or two before the exam.

ReputationRep:
    If you focus and keep up to date on your A2 maths then you can virtually do c1 without even revising it again as it will seem so basic. C2 you can revise the few specific topics a week or two before the exam.
    I would, but I dont want to be too arrogant with it and end up flopping a year.

ReputationRep:
    I would, but I dont want to be too arrogant with it and end up flopping a year.
    Well whatever you do at least until christmas you'd be best to just focus on A2 maths because its quite a lot harder.

ReputationRep:
    Well whatever you do at least until christmas you'd be best to just focus on A2 maths because its quite a lot harder.
    In our school, we did loads in the summer, so we only have 3 chapters of C3 left to do.

ReputationRep:
    In our school, we did loads in the summer, so we only have 3 chapters of C3 left to do.
    ahhh okay...so after doing that does c1 seem easier?

ReputationRep:
    ahhh okay...so after doing that does c1 seem easier?
    Yeah.
    Although I have found that it takes me alot of time to fully grasp what the question is really asking of me and hence so I mess it up

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.